Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

It's Coffee Break Time! Hot Topic: Can Justice Be Served In a Small Town?

Welcome to Mom to Mom's Tuesday Coffee Break! 

The disturbing case of teenage boys in Steubenville, Ohio who have been accused
of raping a 16 year old girl last August is being played out on the national stage.
Accusations of a cover up are rampant because the boys are high school
football players. Football players, in a part of Ohio where football is King.

You can click here for more details. 

1. Have you been following the news coverage of the Steubenville case?

2. Do you think the accusations of a cover up are valid?

3. Do you think justice can be served in Steubenville or should there be a change of venue?

While you share your thoughts with us be sure to let us know what you
would like us to serve you!!

Be sure to check out these posts while you wait:

We hope you have fun and enjoy your time with us!!

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Replies (61-68):
anonomyssy
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:27 PM

It's on video...she's not making it up...she didn't even know it happened, she was drugged, until she was told, and saw the videos...that's how sick this is,.

littlelamb303
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:37 PM
2 moms liked this

I have followed this a bit, and as a victim(many years ago, but the pain does not go away) and now the mom of a nearly 16 yr old, it sickens me. There is NO WAY that any girl deserves this, NO MEANS NO, end of story.  This is not the first time "athletes" have been put up on a pedestal and the girl dragged through the mud.  Many years ago, everyone blamed the victim.  I would have thought things changed a bit, but ignorance runs rampant still, and I am very sensitive over things like this.

-Mommy-2-Three-
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Vanilla iced chai latte w/ a shot of cinnamon dulce please!

I believe the boys are quilty & its being 'taken care of' because of their 'futures' which is sick & they are creating monsters if they get away with it :(

ladyluke2007
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Sorry.  I couldn'r copy and paste.  I may have typed it wrong.

Quoting vinalex0581:

i just tried your link and i got this message:

An error has occurred

There was an error while accessing /content/stories/2013/01/08/steubenville%20-%20schools-lockdown-possible-threat.html.

Error Details

The following information has been recorded to help us resolve this error in a timely manner.

Brief Error Description: org.opencms.file.CmsVfsResourceNotFoundException: Error reading resource from path "/stories/2013/01/08/steubenville - schools-lockdown-possible-threat.html".

Quoting ladyluke2007:

OK, here is a news lead from Columbus Channel 10 news.

www.10tv.com/content/stories/2013/01/08/steubenville - schools-lockdown-possible-threat.html

Seems like a mother was told by her child that there was threats saying that the hacktavist group was going to kill someone.  Really?   Please!  Get a life.

ladyluke2007
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:49 PM

O YUM!  Thank you!

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Quoting ladyluke2007:

Just a big cup of Columbian with cream please...

FOR ANYONE TO JOKE ABOUT RAPE NEEDS SERIOUS HELP!  Shame on them for allowing the people of Steubenville to think that the football team members could get away with anything.  That is sick.  The two boys were carrying an unconscience person (and I say person because you can't tell if it is a boy or a girl in the video lead) or man handleing a person.  I think cover up happens more than we know that it has.  I think that it is wrong and I think that is where a lot of innocent people are getting hurt.

jyofray
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:34 AM
As a survivor I am not shocked at all which is horrific. To think the numbers will not get any better and the ages of perps only get younger. I pray for all of them the victim and those involved.
When my daughter becomes a teen, I am going to go crazy. . Such an ugly world we live in. Covering up such horrible events. She may never heal while those involved will live their lives as nothing happened. Disgusting
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:26 AM
This story really makes me angry! Make it a LARGE mocha please!
sparky1006
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:06 PM

I have heard about that story.

Sometimes it is a cover up,people don't want you to tarnish the High Schoools Team

and they say the girls making it up

They make out it's always the girls fault,our boys would not do something like that

I don't know,you have to sit down read the story picture yourself as that girl.

Is she trying to get back at them

or is she the victim

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)