Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Surgery, yay or nay?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:07 AM
  • 55 Replies
I was pretty thin before I got pregnant with my daughter. Durin my pregnancy I gained 55 pounds and I've only lost 35 of it. I'm not really comfortable with how I look. I am a sahm and I don't go to the gym like I used to. I want to spend as much time as possible with my dd. That being said I do also want to look and feel good again.

I was thinking about scheduling a consultation for a tummy tuck, breast lift and stretch mark lazer treatment. DH said he thinks I look fine but if it'll make me happy then I can go through with it.
We go to a beach house every summer for at least a couple of weeks so if I do go through with it, it has to be soon. I am not sure though if I really want to have surgery though and not be able to play with dd for a couple weeks. Also we plan to have at least one more child in the next few years so I feel like that would ruin the whole procedure.

Anyone have something similar done? Should I do it, was it worth it?
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:09 AM
2 moms liked this

I would never but it's your body, your decision.

jbirdsladie27
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:11 AM
This to a T

Quoting goddess99:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
edelweiss23
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:12 AM
This.

Quoting goddess99:

Hayleysmom88
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Quoting edelweiss23:

Why would you never? The risk? I really am kinda afraid to go through with it, I've never had a big surgery before.
edelweiss23
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:20 AM
The risk, I get super sick when ever I have anesthesia.
After hearing that they take off your nipple for a breast reduction, and you lose sensitivity because if it, I am scared to death!!

The only one I might get would be a tummy tuck. But that is only after I am positive I am done having kids!!!

Quoting Hayleysmom88:

Quoting edelweiss23:

Why would you never? The risk? I really am kinda afraid to go through with it, I've never had a big surgery before.

Hayleysmom88
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Quoting edelweiss23:

Yeah and I honestly think tummy tucks kinda look weird even if a really good doctor performs the procedure.

edelweiss23
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Exactly.
I will keep up the workouts and healthy eating!!!

Quoting Hayleysmom88:

Quoting edelweiss23:

Yeah and I honestly think tummy tucks kinda look weird even if a really good doctor performs the procedure.

sweetmissy_05
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I would never but if that's what you want then go for it.

ljpaszek
by New Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it would be more advisable to hit the gym for an hour a day being away from your daughter only an hour, rather than not even be able to pick up your daughter for weeks because you had a surgery to fix things that could have been improved naturally. Especially if you plan to have more kids. Go to the gym, eat healthy, buy a good bra, get a spray tan to help conceal the stretch marks. Also maybe your next pregnancy you should strive to only gain the recommended amount of weight...

marchantmom06
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Why wouldn't you just run to the gym for an hour- two each day instead of being out of commission for 5-8 weeks. 20 lbs is not enough to get a tummy tuck over expecially if you were thin to begin with. Post a before and after picture and let's us really tell you if you need one or not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN