Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom
I was pretty thin before I got pregnant with my daughter. Durin my pregnancy I gained 55 pounds and I've only lost 35 of it. I'm not really comfortable with how I look. I am a sahm and I don't go to the gym like I used to. I want to spend as much time as possible with my dd. That being said I do also want to look and feel good again.

I was thinking about scheduling a consultation for a tummy tuck, breast lift and stretch mark lazer treatment. DH said he thinks I look fine but if it'll make me happy then I can go through with it.
We go to a beach house every summer for at least a couple of weeks so if I do go through with it, it has to be soon. I am not sure though if I really want to have surgery though and not be able to play with dd for a couple weeks. Also we plan to have at least one more child in the next few years so I feel like that would ruin the whole procedure.

Anyone have something similar done? Should I do it, was it worth it?
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Replies (11-20):
Hayleysmom88
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Quoting marchantmom06:

Why wouldn't you just run to the gym for an hour- two each day instead of being out of commission for 5-8 weeks. 20 lbs is not enough to get a tummy tuck over expecially if you were thin to begin with. Post a before and after picture and let's us really tell you if you need one or not.

How do I post pics?
marchantmom06
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:46 AM
You hit the reply with a photo button......

Quoting Hayleysmom88:

Quoting marchantmom06:

Why wouldn't you just run to the gym for an hour- two each day instead of being out of commission for 5-8 weeks. 20 lbs is not enough to get a tummy tuck over expecially if you were thin to begin with. Post a before and after picture and let's us really tell you if you need one or not.

How do I post pics?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hayleysmom88
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:53 AM
I'm just seeing a reply button . I'm on y home does that make a difference?
Hayleysmom88
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Quoting marchantmom06:

I posted two pics in a before and after album. That the only option I see to upload pics
notjstanothrmom
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:03 AM

No. I would not get surgery when you can alter your body at home and make it what you want it to be. I think it's unessecary risk to your health when you have a child or children to worry about.

Ultimately do whatever makes you happy but I would rather be the real me then fake.

Hayleysmom88
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Here is a before photo
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hayleysmom88
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:10 AM

And here is after. Blah
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hayleysmom88
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:16 AM

BUMP!

wifeynmommie80
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:18 AM

I wouldn't because if your gonna have another child...whats the point????

Hayleysmom88
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Quoting wifeynmommie80:

I wouldn't because if your gonna have another child...whats the point????

I don't know how many years we are going to wait before we have another and like some other poster said, I plan to be more careful with how much I gain next time around. I do see what your saying though. I wish I knew but I can't make up my mind about how old I want y prat daughter to be when we try again.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)