Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom
I was pretty thin before I got pregnant with my daughter. Durin my pregnancy I gained 55 pounds and I've only lost 35 of it. I'm not really comfortable with how I look. I am a sahm and I don't go to the gym like I used to. I want to spend as much time as possible with my dd. That being said I do also want to look and feel good again.

I was thinking about scheduling a consultation for a tummy tuck, breast lift and stretch mark lazer treatment. DH said he thinks I look fine but if it'll make me happy then I can go through with it.
We go to a beach house every summer for at least a couple of weeks so if I do go through with it, it has to be soon. I am not sure though if I really want to have surgery though and not be able to play with dd for a couple weeks. Also we plan to have at least one more child in the next few years so I feel like that would ruin the whole procedure.

Anyone have something similar done? Should I do it, was it worth it?
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Replies (21-30):
marchantmom06
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I cannot see your stretch marks at all and within 2-3 weeks you can have the pouch gone. Why would you want to spend 20,000$ when you can spend less than 100 working out?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wifeynmommie80
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I know how you feel. I myself have been on the fence on whether I want another child.  I really want one. I love my son so much.  But the hassle of losing all that wieght, the sleepless nights, ect. Just doens't appeal to me anymore.

Quoting Hayleysmom88:

Quoting wifeynmommie80:

I wouldn't because if your gonna have another child...whats the point????

I don't know how many years we are going to wait before we have another and like some other poster said, I plan to be more careful with how much I gain next time around. I do see what your saying though. I wish I knew but I can't make up my mind about how old I want y prat daughter to be when we try again.

grneyedormom
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Teach your daughter the right way to treat and take care of your body is by eating healthy and by establishing a good exercise routine that fits your body type. Not by running to the surgeon because its a quick fix with potential aids effects and extended healing time. Pregnancy changes your body and you have to work hard to return to what you want to be. Pack her up in the stroller and start running with her, go hiking with her on your back, take an hour and go to the gym, swim, dance, there is so much you can do that will be cost effective and out that money elsewhere.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hayleysmom88
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Quoting grneyedormom:Teach your daughter the right way to treat and take care of your body is by eating healthy and by establishing a good exercise routine that fits your body type. Not by running to the surgeon because its a quick fix with potential aids effects and extended healing time. Pregnancy changes your body and you have to work hard to return to what you want to be. Pack her up in the stroller and start running with her, go hiking with her on your back, take an hour and go to the gym, swim, dance, there is so much you can do that will be cost effective and out that money elsewhere.

I do have a very healthy lifestyle. DH and I are very health conscious and dd will be as well. I stopped going to the gym when I was pregnant because I didn't have the energy and I also didn't eat healthy every single meal.

I will admit you are right. I do want to do this because it will mean instant results after recovery, but also I feel like surgery can alter things that just plain working out can not, like loose skin and sagging breasts and stretch marks. I do plan to get back on track with living healthy and some sort of gym regimine. I am not a lazy couch potato who is just looking for an easy out.

I do agree with a few of these posts though. I do want my daughter to learn shortcuts aren't the way to accomplish anything. I am afraid of recovery time and the overall outcome. I am very fortunate, the money is not much of an issue, but no matter how much money you have tens of thousands of dollars is a lot and I probably would feel selfish spending all of it on myself.
grneyedormom
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:59 AM
How old is your baby?

Quoting Hayleysmom88:

Quoting grneyedormom:

Teach your daughter the right way to treat and take care of your body is by eating healthy and by establishing a good exercise routine that fits your body type. Not by running to the surgeon because its a quick fix with potential aids effects and extended healing time. Pregnancy changes your body and you have to work hard to return to what you want to be. Pack her up in the stroller and start running with her, go hiking with her on your back, take an hour and go to the gym, swim, dance, there is so much you can do that will be cost effective and out that money elsewhere.

I do have a very healthy lifestyle. DH and I are very health conscious and dd will be as well. I stopped going to the gym when I was pregnant because I didn't have the energy and I also didn't eat healthy every single meal.

I will admit you are right. I do want to do this because it will mean instant results after recovery, but also I feel like surgery can alter things that just plain working out can not, like loose skin and sagging breasts and stretch marks. I do plan to get back on track with living healthy and some sort of gym regimine. I am not a lazy couch potato who is just looking for an easy out.

I do agree with a few of these posts though. I do want my daughter to learn shortcuts aren't the way to accomplish anything. I am afraid of recovery time and the overall outcome. I am very fortunate, the money is my so much an issue, but no matter how much money you have tens of thousands of dollars is a lot and I probably would feel selfish spending all of it on myself.
Hayleysmom88
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Quoting grneyedormom:

Six months
ambermario4ever
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:07 AM

First off you should wait till you are done having children. Then once you start trying to loose weight do it with exercise and better eating first. Try that for at least a year. Then after that if you are still not happy then do the surgery. 

I am trying to loose weight now. I have lost 29.5 pounds so far with 35.5 more to go. I have done this in nine weeks. I cut out all soda and sweets. I only drink water. I cut my portions at meals and you myfitnesspal to count calories eaten and burned everyday. I don't go to a gym. I exersise at home on my exersise bike and doing some ab workouts. I started at the end of Oct. if by this Oct. I still have a area that I am not happy with I will be getting laser lipo. But I am giving my self a year of working hard on my own first before I do that. Here are my before and now pics.

grneyedormom
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Ok, you are still post-pregnancy so your body is still changing, give yourself more time to continue on the healthy track before considering the alternative. Stretch marks fade, and saggy breasts, well, that comes along with motherhood. If you are considering another baby a few years down the road, wait until then to consider surgery, especially because having another baby may destroy all of the work done. I have a friend from high school who is an avid marathon runner as an adult. She has 3 kiddos and looks fabulous! (We're in our mid 30's) so it's possible to return to pre-baby weight with hard work and discipline. I suspect you can do it.

Quoting Hayleysmom88:

Quoting grneyedormom:

Six months
Hayleysmom88
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Quoting ambermario4ever:

First off you should wait till you are done having children. Then once you start trying to loose weight do it with exercise and better eating first. Try that for at least a year. Then after that if you are still not happy then do the surgery. 

I am trying to loose weight now. I have lost 29.5 pounds so far with 35.5 more to go. I have done this in nine weeks. I cut out all soda and sweets. I only drink water. I cut my portions at meals and you myfitnesspal to count calories eaten and burned everyday. I don't go to a gym. I exersise at home on my exersise bike and doing some ab workouts. I started at the end of Oct. if by this Oct. I still have a area that I am not happy with I will be getting laser lipo. But I am giving my self a year of working hard on my own first before I do that. Here are my before and now pics.

Wow! You look so different! Congrats!! Thanks!
Megan11587
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:20 AM

How old are you?  24 I'm guessing?  You're too young for that.  Go to a gym with childcare, or do some workout videos at home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)