Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I was pretty thin before I got pregnant with my daughter. Durin my pregnancy I gained 55 pounds and I've only lost 35 of it. I'm not really comfortable with how I look. I am a sahm and I don't go to the gym like I used to. I want to spend as much time as possible with my dd. That being said I do also want to look and feel good again.

I was thinking about scheduling a consultation for a tummy tuck, breast lift and stretch mark lazer treatment. DH said he thinks I look fine but if it'll make me happy then I can go through with it.
We go to a beach house every summer for at least a couple of weeks so if I do go through with it, it has to be soon. I am not sure though if I really want to have surgery though and not be able to play with dd for a couple weeks. Also we plan to have at least one more child in the next few years so I feel like that would ruin the whole procedure.

Anyone have something similar done? Should I do it, was it worth it?
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Replies (41-50):
Mama_Gillogley
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:22 AM

if you look at the big picture i'd say hit the gym and start eating healthier food, it's never too early to start setting a healthy example for your kiddo. :) that way once you have those habits in your life, they will see the benefits and want to do the same. I would say if you have been working out and dieting for 6 months with NO changes, then maybe consult a surgeon. I think the lazer removal of stretch marks would be totally awesome if you can do it- i know my older sister would love to do that and if it's an option take it! Boob lift, eh, maybe after trying to lose the weight, it'd be easier on your body that way. the healthier you are the faster you will recover from any type of surgery. :) but like someone said earlier, it is your body and your decision 100%. This is just my two cents. Good luck with whatever you choose!

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:42 PM

I wouldn't do that. You can do the exercising at home with your dd and not need surgery. 

If you do want the surgery though, I would recommend waiting until after you have your last child. Then doing it. Since you want another one in a few years. Otherwise you will be going through two of them as I'm sure you'll want to do something like this after your next one. 

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:22 PM

I have never had a weight loss surgery...hope you can come to a decision that you will be happy with....

cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Don't do it. You don't need it, especially since you want more kids. Hit up the gym and maybe get a trainer an hour or so a week for core strength training. Try yoga, pilates, and zumba. Cut back on sodium and simple carbs, increase fiber, protein, whole grains.drink lots of water. You still look pretty good, much better than I EVER have. Lol

Quoting Hayleysmom88:

And here is after. Blah

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I would wait until after you are done having babies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Quoting ljpaszek:

I think it would be more advisable to hit the gym for an hour a day being away from your daughter only an hour, rather than not even be able to pick up your daughter for weeks because you had a surgery to fix things that could have been improved naturally. Especially if you plan to have more kids. Go to the gym, eat healthy, buy a good bra, get a spray tan to help conceal the stretch marks. Also maybe your next pregnancy you should strive to only gain the recommended amount of weight...

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:45 AM

I wouldn't. 

Hayleysmom88
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Quoting cookinmommyof1:

You had to quote the after pic didnt you haha. But thanks, the more I hear from other MOMS the more I think that diet and excersize and learning to embrace my new body might be the best choice. At least until I'm done having kids anyway. I mean I stay in with dd most of the time anyway so I'm just gonna have to pick out some slimming clothes for the one or two nights a year ill be going out with my non mom friends. Haha
Hayleysmom88
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:04 AM
I think what really killed me was in the past two or three weeks I had TWO different people ask me if I was pregnant again. Like no its the holidays b*tch.
cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:53 AM
When ds was like 4 months old I had someone I hadn't seen in a while ask me if I was pregnant again. Im like wtf?! Some people are rude and tactless. Losing the weigt is tough. After I had ds I topped out at 230. I got to 150 before I got preg again (ive only gained 3lbs so far). Im going to try a lot harder this time around to gain only the recommended amount of weight.

Quoting Hayleysmom88:

I think what really killed me was in the past two or three weeks I had TWO different people ask me if I was pregnant again. Like no its the holidays b*tch.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)