Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

looking old and tired in my 20's

Posted by   + Show Post
So a year ago people thought I was 21 they said I look so young. Now I been told I look 32 which is 5 years older than I am. I am also pregnant and tired and my skin is ungodly dried out. Does pregnancy make woman look older?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Replies (11-20):
momtoblueeyes
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:01 PM
I work also and have a 3 year old so I'm drained and stressed. It might just be the stress.

Quoting goddess99:

I don't think I looked older when I was pregnant. Try to find a nice face moisturizer.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Yep stress does a number on your body.

Quoting momtoblueeyes:

I work also and have a 3 year old so I'm drained and stressed. It might just be the stress.

Quoting goddess99:

I don't think I looked older when I was pregnant. Try to find a nice face moisturizer.

MamaMorgan0709
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Tea Tree Oil has done wonders for my skin. It makes my face look fresh and bright. Plus, it's good for in the future. ( fewer wrinkles b/c of well hydrated skin) 

momtoblueeyes
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Does it burn?

Quoting MamaMorgan0709:

Tea Tree Oil has done wonders for my skin. It makes my face look fresh and bright. Plus, it's good for in the future. ( fewer wrinkles b/c of well hydrated skin) 

MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Lack of hydration and poor diet can make a person look older, especially when your body is under the extra stress of a pregnancy. One thing you can do is start using coconut oil internally and externally. Water & other liquids are vitally important. Eat several small but healthy meals a say. No junk food. No smoking, passive or active. Walk a little every day. Take your vitamins.

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

MamaMorgan0709
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:08 PM

No. it does not burn.  

I use it on my son's eczema and he has a couple cuts where he has scratched so much and he doesn't complain about it at all. 

A little goes a LONG way.  I put it on while my face is still wet from the shower. 

Quoting momtoblueeyes:

Does it burn?

Quoting MamaMorgan0709:

MamaMorgan0709  

MamaMorgan0709
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this

This too! 

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Lack of hydration and poor diet can make a person look older, especially when your body is under the extra stress of a pregnancy. One thing you can do is start using coconut oil internally and externally. Water & other liquids are vitally important. Eat several small but healthy meals a say. No junk food. No smoking, passive or active. Walk a little every day. Take your vitamins.

MamaMorgan0709  

momtoblueeyes
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Than u I'm going to try it

Quoting MamaMorgan0709:

No. it does not burn.  

I use it on my son's eczema and he has a couple cuts where he has scratched so much and he doesn't complain about it at all. 

A little goes a LONG way.  I put it on while my face is still wet from the shower. 

Quoting momtoblueeyes:

Does it burn?

Quoting MamaMorgan0709:

Mama_Gillogley
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:04 PM

tea tree oil smells lovely, one of my sweet little hippie friends uses it to help keep his dread locks nice, they always smell great because of it. and i also agree with THIS -->

Quoting MusherMaggie:

these things helped me a ton, even though it feels like extra work to take these steps, it won't take long for you to start feeling better. i am a single mom who goes to school full time and finding time to take care of myself seems like a waste BUT i always feel more tired and stressed when i am not drinking enough water or eating crap food.

also- i found walking very thereputic when i was prego and i'm sure your 3 y/o would love to come with you. i quit smoking by taking my 2 y/o son on a walk every time i got a craving and he loved it. :)

sounds like you have a lot on your plate, are you working full time? what kind of shift do you have? any family help?

i really hope you start feeling better inside and out, good luck with everything. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN