Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

looking old and tired in my 20's

Posted by   + Show Post
So a year ago people thought I was 21 they said I look so young. Now I been told I look 32 which is 5 years older than I am. I am also pregnant and tired and my skin is ungodly dried out. Does pregnancy make woman look older?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Replies (21-30):
momtoblueeyes
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:09 PM
I don't work much but when I do its exhausting. Some days I'm so nauseated all day that I can't do more than bare minimum to take care of my 3 yr old. It's the nausea and vomiting that keep me feeling and looking miserable and being tired and stressed does to.

Quoting Mama_Gillogley:

tea
tree oil smells lovely, one of my sweet little hippie friends uses it
to help keep his dread locks nice, they always smell great because of
it. and i also agree with THIS -->

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Lack of hydration and poor diet can make a person look older, especially when your body is under the extra stress of a pregnancy. One thing you can do is start using coconut oil internally and externally. Water & other liquids are vitally important. Eat several small but healthy meals a say. No junk food. No smoking, passive or active. Walk a little every day. Take your vitamins.

these things helped me a ton, even though it feels like extra work to take these steps, it won't take long for you to start feeling better. i am a single mom who goes to school full time and finding time to take care of myself seems like a waste BUT i always feel more tired and stressed when i am not drinking enough water or eating crap food.

also- i found walking very thereputic when i was prego and i'm sure your 3 y/o would love to come with you. i quit smoking by taking my 2 y/o son on a walk every time i got a craving and he loved it. :)

sounds like you have a lot on your plate, are you working full time? what kind of shift do you have? any family help?

i really hope you start feeling better inside and out, good luck with everything. :)

Mama_Gillogley
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:14 PM

ah yes, that makes sense. :( my sister had that with her daughter- all day nausea and vomiting for her entire pregnancy. :( i can understand how walking would be unappealing... sounds like a rough pregnancy. *hugs*

i hope that the tea tree oil helps some at least... hang in there.

Quoting momtoblueeyes:

I don't work much but when I do its exhausting. Some days I'm so nauseated all day that I can't do more than bare minimum to take care of my 3 yr old. It's the nausea and vomiting that keep me feeling and looking miserable and being tired and stressed does to.

Quoting Mama_Gillogley:

tea

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Lack of hydration and poor diet can make a person look older, especially when your body is under the extra stress of a pregnancy. One thing you can do is start using coconut oil internally and externally. Water & other liquids are vitally important. Eat several small but healthy meals a say. No junk food. No smoking, passive or active. Walk a little every day. Take your vitamins.

these things helped me a ton, even though it feels like extra work to take these steps, it won't take long for you to start feeling better. i am a single mom who goes to school full time and finding time to take care of myself seems like a waste BUT i always feel more tired and stressed when i am not drinking enough water or eating crap food.

also- i found walking very thereputic when i was prego and i'm sure your 3 y/o would love to come with you. i quit smoking by taking my 2 y/o son on a walk every time i got a craving and he loved it. :)

sounds like you have a lot on your plate, are you working full time? what kind of shift do you have? any family help?

i really hope you start feeling better inside and out, good luck with everything. :)

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:26 PM
You sound stressed. Stress is hard on you especially pregnant! You said your skin was dry. Go to Clinique and get a face consult. That would help you tremendously. Try to get the sleep you need hun.
momtoblueeyes
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you I'm going to try some things and hopefully get my supple skin back :)

Quoting Mama_Gillogley:

ah yes, that makes sense. :( my sister had that with her daughter- all day nausea and vomiting for her entire pregnancy. :( i can understand how walking would be unappealing... sounds like a rough pregnancy. *hugs*

i hope that the tea tree oil helps some at least... hang in there.

Quoting momtoblueeyes:

Quoting Mama_Gillogley:

tea

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Mama_Gillogley
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:11 PM

marykay is what has always worked for me... :) best of luck in your skin-care hunt! hopefully it'll be fun to get to pamper yourself and try a few different things out. :)

GUTTADABOSSLADI
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:18 PM

When I was pregnant with my first son my teacher told me that I looked that way because my baby had stole my beauty. She told me when you have that baby watch and I did he was such a doll hair, cherry red lips I named him E'mari Lemoyne Zyon Cato I chose Zyon because it means Greatly Praised and he was by all.

momtoblueeyes
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Did it ever come back?

Quoting GUTTADABOSSLADI:

When I was pregnant with my first son my teacher told me that I looked that way because my baby had stole my beauty. She told me when you have that baby watch and I did he was such a doll hair, cherry red lips I named him E'mari Lemoyne Zyon Cato I chose Zyon because it means Greatly Praised and he was by all.

Proud-mama-05
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Yeah ..me ugh it was awful every time. But I'm so ready to do it again lol

Quoting KamWorthy:

Hmmm, not usually. But there are some women who pregnancy does not agree with ( looks wise)

SlapItHigh
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Sometimes. 

KamWorthy
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:47 AM
I looked pretty damn hot personally, but then again I was forced to.
Quoting Proud-mama-05:

Yeah ..me ugh it was awful every time. But I'm so ready to do it again lol

Quoting KamWorthy:

Hmmm, not usually. But there are some women who pregnancy does not agree with ( looks wise)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)