Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

looking old and tired in my 20's

Posted by   + Show Post
So a year ago people thought I was 21 they said I look so young. Now I been told I look 32 which is 5 years older than I am. I am also pregnant and tired and my skin is ungodly dried out. Does pregnancy make woman look older?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Replies (31-33):
CorpCityGrl
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Sometimes pregnancy doesn't agree with women looks-wise.  My advice, don't neglect yourself and your looks.  It sounds shallow I know, but whether we like to admit it or not, our self-esteem is tied to our looks in some way, shape or form. I know pregnancy and motherhood can be extremely tiring, but don't skimp on yourself and take some time to pamper and take care of yourself too.  You mention your skin is dry and the Winter weather simply doesn't help, so go out and get a good moisturizer and start a simple routine - pregnancy alters your skin and dry skin CAN age you. 

momtoblueeyes
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:34 AM
I admit I gave up on my looks bc of being nauseated everyday, but looking 5 years aged is a big wake up call. I started moisterizing last night and went and got a mud mask to do once a week. I'm hoping its not too late.

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Sometimes pregnancy doesn't agree with women looks-wise.  My advice, don't neglect yourself and your looks.  It sounds shallow I know, but whether we like to admit it or not, our self-esteem is tied to our looks in some way, shape or form. I know pregnancy and motherhood can be extremely tiring, but don't skimp on yourself and take some time to pamper and take care of yourself too.  You mention your skin is dry and the Winter weather simply doesn't help, so go out and get a good moisturizer and start a simple routine - pregnancy alters your skin and dry skin CAN age you. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CorpCityGrl
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:32 PM

OMG it's never too late! 

Keep up a simple routine and you'll be fine.  I also always tell new moms and moms-to-be that even though you may think it's a waste of time, take 5-10 minutes in the morning to do yourself up even if it's just to swipe some lipgloss on and slather on some moisturizer or even a tinted one.  It makes all the difference.  When I was home when I first had DD, I found that if I didn't make that small effort, I didn't feel myself or even all that good about myself but making that small effort made a huge difference.

Quoting momtoblueeyes:

I admit I gave up on my looks bc of being nauseated everyday, but looking 5 years aged is a big wake up call. I started moisterizing last night and went and got a mud mask to do once a week. I'm hoping its not too late.

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN