Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Seriously stressed!

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:11 AM
  • 4 Replies

So this whole 2% tax increase is going to affect us majorly. After we pay all of our bills we have like $100 left over! I am so stressed, with a new baby on the way and all. I am trying to cut anywhere I can. We both work yet we can not get ahead. Besides cell phones and basic cable we have no luxuries! I am overwhelmed and just trying to keep our head above water here. : (

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:04 PM

We cut cable completely and don't miss it. We also just have Tracfones, it's $20 for 3 months. But yeah I know what you mean, it sucks.

jbirdsladie27
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:07 PM
I can't believe the amount of people whining over 2% that's actually for Social Secruity. Make the nescassary adjustments... Hopefully this *might* help save S.S. benefits for us.

I'm sorry your stressing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
eoewan
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Little ways to cut your monthly spending can be difficult.

Like the pp said, cut your cable out. Hook up your computer to your tv. Any tv show you want to watch can be found on internet. Cut your internet to bare minimum. With both you and dh having cell phones cut your home phone to bare minimum. For a baby there are stores that deal exclusively with gently used children's clothing. For example there is a store called "Once Upon a Child" which is great for growing children.

Really evaluate your spending and where you can make cuts. Every little bit helps. Good luck.

delanna6two
HAPPY FALL!!!
Yesterday at 2:51 PM
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Hugs....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)