Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Early or not?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:01 PM
  • 13 Replies

My son rolled from his tummy to his back @ 12 weeks then from back to tummy @ 13 weeks. Since then, whenever you put him on his back he rolls to his tummy because he prefers it. When I told someone about it, they stated that their kids never rolled early. Is that considered rolling early? I don't have a mom or grandma to ask this to (both have passed) and I feel like I'm being snobby and trying to brag if I ask people but I really am curious- is that early to start rolling or not?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrs.pina
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Every baby is different , my dd was rolling at 6 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cklamour
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Some babies start sooner and other later, just like talking, walking, "finding" their feet, and every other milestone. Your little man knows his positional preference already and that is fine. Just make sure to keep a closer eye on him now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GUTTADABOSSLADI
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Yes that about right my babies did it about 9 weeks.

SlapItHigh
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:39 AM

I can't remember something like this.  You'll soon forget too, lol. 

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 4, 2013 at 6:42 AM

No every baby does things on their own time! : )

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:12 AM

I can't remember either.

MamaMoopsie
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:39 AM

They say that its normal for a baby to rolling over from back to stomach by three months, then from stomach to back within the next month. However, my first was the only one who did this. My other two wouldn't roll until they were 4 and 5 months. My now 1 year old figured out how to roll from her back to stomach at 4 months but took several more months to figure out how to go from stomach to back.

Brag away! Your baby is awesome! I always bring up my baby's little achievements because I think it's great. My now 3 year old would patty cake at 4.5 months old (doctor was amazed and said most 9 month olds still struggle with clapping). My now 2 year old was such an easy, contented baby. She slept through the night at two weeks old, I'd even try to feed her and she'd sleep right through nursing. My now 1 year old was saying Papa and Mama at 4 months old. These are things to be proud of. Your little man will do many things that make you want to sing his praises...go for it!

MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I think both of mine were rolling about that age. I'm glad there was a safety belt on the changing table!

saltlifemama
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I honestly don't remember but I do know that my oldest ds was rolling about a little after Thanksgiving time. He was born Oct 1 so that would of put him at 8-10 weeks I would guess.

Wow the things you forget in 8 years.

splatz
by Sarah on Jan. 4, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Haha same here.
I try to avoid the "milestone competition" anyways. Every baby is different. :)

Quoting SlapItHigh:

I can't remember something like this.  You'll soon forget too, lol. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN