Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Back to school stress!

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:19 AM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hey I'm a mom of one *single mom*, a 15yr old *damn teenagers* and I only work part time.  So I made the decision back in Sept to go back to school and I am so DAMN TIRED AND STRESSED! I also started a work from home business back in November which is going well for me but since I am back in school I have already started something and don't want to quit and show my daughter that I am giving up.  Has anyone gone back to school in their mid 30s and made it to the finish line? I am so weary of reading and studying that I want to cry some nights.

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 4, 2013 at 6:49 AM

I am 26 and thinking about it next year. I am having another baby in May and I just do not know how I will do it plus work. I do have a dh but it still will be hard! Hang in there mama!

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:00 AM

Not me, but I do know someone that was single that did. She had 3 kids at the time. I don't know how that girl did it.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Idk anyone, but I hope you do it. What an accomplishment =)

OliviasMommy611
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Jan. 4, 2013 at 2:37 PM
I went back in my early 20s. The motivation just wasn't there so I never finished. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shaybay218
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm a single mom of 3 girls...I do school in the day work full time at night...it's hard as hell but you can do it...i'm almost at the finish line with school and i'm 31. my girls are 13,7, and 11 months! Stay strong!

allprinces
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this
You can make it don't worry! I have 4 kids, yes 4, and i go to school Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I work part-time Friday, Saturday and Sunday. To top it off one of my son's is disabled due to be shaken at 2 months old. The other has speech delay and possibly is autistic. I have to drive both ds's to therapy in between my classes and then take one back home and the other back to his school and then go to another class. People always ask me how in the world do i do it with this many kids and the problems they have, i also have graves diease, but it is in remission right now. Im going to school to become a nurse and i kept my grades no lower then a B. If your willing to sacrifice and you want something bad enough you strive to make it through with God's help. Good Luck
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Good luck
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mama_Gillogley
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:17 PM

i am a full time single mom (no bd at all) and i started going back to school right after my son was born. i now have my AAOT (two year transfer degree) and i'm so tired. i'm going for nursing and there is SO MUCH bureaucratic bs and hoops to jump through... i have to pay for this and take huge crazy exams. I also tried starting my own business once to make extra money and i found that i could only invest in one career/future at a time and I chose nursing. also, since i had taken out loans to go to school i felt like i should put as much of my energy as i could into school, even if it means being so broke that i can barely afford TP some months! (i call it the "end of the term crunch") and my grades are proof that i made the right choice. (had a 4.0 taking sociology, microbiology and anatomy and physiology III) but whatever you do is up to you, only you know what you can handle financially/emotionally/mentally/physically/etc.

and no matter what you do- the best part of college is the nights when you're so tired of studying that you cry- that just comes with the whole single mom going to college gig i'm afraid! or anyone going to college! it's not easy, but it so freaking worth it.

just don't give up, remember your goal and your reasons for your goals every day. talk about them, talk yourself up, hang around people who are also going to college and bettering their lives. also, see if the school has a counselor, ours has one that is free for 5 sessions. they can offer stress and time management guidance as well as emotional support. :)

one lady in my class is in her 50's and going to college for nursing- so, don't give up just cuz you're 30! you're still young and brilliant, don't give up, you can do anything you set your mind to!

SlapItHigh
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:24 AM

Sorry you are so tired and stressed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)