Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

77 Days for the Murder of a 16 mth old

Posted by   + Show Post
Please help us get justice for 16 month old baby Alissa Guernsey. She was beaten by her caregiver who was only indicted on Neglect Class B. A charge for a victim still living. Major Corruption and Conflict of Interest involved.

1) Become ...familiar with her story on Facebook BabyAlissaCries4Justice.org
2) Get MAD (and sad)!!!!!!!!!
3) Take Action and Get back!! Let's put her murderer where she belongs. Sign the below petition and share her story. She died without a voice, too young to talk. This case needs to be re-opened and the proper charges served.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/toddler-tortured-and-murdered-sentence-10-years-time-served-77-days-neglect-federal-offense/rjGKM6BY?utm_source=wh.gov&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=shorturl
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Replies (11-20):
lancet98
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Why?

What 'special interests' etc was the OP referring to?

Quoting babid14:

She only served 77 days

Quoting lancet98:

Why does it say the defendant got four years in the article and that she got a couple days in the OP?

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Sad. : (

Des10ed2b
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:00 PM

i thought you couldnt try someone twice after a ruling is done. 

jessi2girls
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:05 PM

EXACTLY!!!!

Quoting StrawberryCool:

I remember reading about this.

Im crying!

And let me tell you this, but anyone who did that to my baby, wouldnt serve time. I would be serving time for murdering the person who did.

babid14
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:44 PM
She didnt get charged with the death of Alissa so it isnt the same charge. It talked about it on the facebook page.

Quoting Des10ed2b:

i thought you couldnt try someone twice after a ruling is done. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
joshsgirl12
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:49 PM

So sad.. I signed it..

babid14
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:55 PM
It talks about it on the facebook page for this that the prosecutor and judge as well as the doctor who treated Alissa had a personal and professional relationship with the defendants father.
Quoting lancet98:

Why?

Quoting babid14:

She only served 77 days

Quoting lancet98:

Why does it say the defendant got four years in the article and that she got a couple days in the OP?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lancet98
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:05 PM

If the relationship are influential (they may be judged not to be), the judge has to recuse.

Quoting babid14:

It talks about it on the facebook page for this that the prosecutor and judge as well as the doctor who treated Alissa had a personal and professional relationship with the defendants father.
Quoting lancet98:

Why?

Quoting babid14:

She only served 77 days

Quoting lancet98:

babid14
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:14 PM
In this case he must not have. The page said "prosecutorial misconduct and judicial misuse of power determined the outcome of the entire case".

Quoting lancet98:

If the relationship are influential (they may be judged not to be), the judge has to recuse.

Quoting babid14:

Quoting lancet98:

Why?

Quoting babid14:

She only served 77 days

Quoting lancet98:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:05 AM

What a tragic story :(.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)