Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What city and State are you from?

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:00 AM
Replies (101-110):
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:01 AM

From what I understand from all the research and talking to other people, my son is quite 'strange' in that he sleeps all night long. Most autistic children have problems sleeping.

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

I so wish he did that

Quoting Basherte:

I'm very lucky. Once my son is in his room, he's pretty quiet and goes to sleep pretty well on his own, and now that he isn't taking any naps throughout the day, sleeps all night long again.

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

Yes i need sleep I'm already have lost sleep due to my son and his up every hours

Quoting Basherte:

I couldn't take the city until being there for about a month or two. I like the quite. I love a city life, though. I just really like quiet at night when I'm trying to go to sleep.

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

Oh wow I wouldn't be able to take it I like quietness it would scare me every time lol but it is understandable

Quoting Basherte:

Then I'm glad you were looking for something for your ex hubby. :)

It's a really small town. Still stuck back in the 1800's I think. When you walk down the street if someone else is out they will wave to you and talk to you. Mostly about the weather and stuff. It's a really nice place to live.  So quiet, except for the trains that run 24/7. I don't know how many run through the day because we have a tv on all the time, but there are around 4 at night. They blow the whistle all the time.  Two kids lost their lives on the tracks. (not sure what time of day, I haven't really asked) I don't know when it happened either, just know that because of that they are now required to blow their horn while they are running through the area. The noise is annoying, but it's understandable.

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

Oh wow I heard of it because looking for something for ex hubby and the town popped up

Quoting Basherte:

Wow! I'm gonna faint. You are like THE FIRST person to have heard of it, and I'm talking like people in harrisburg have never heard of halifax.

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

Haven't been that far up yet but I know where u are I heard of it

Quoting Basherte:

83. I live in Halifax, which is a little north of Harrisburg.

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

U off 83 or 30

Quoting Basherte:

Wow you are pretty darn close to me.

That's awesome!

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

I moved to York pa in November from Baltimore md and ill be moving back to York soon

Quoting Basherte:

I'm in Pennsylvania. Close to Harrisburg, but not in Harrisburg.

CafeMom Tickers
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Born in Mcconellsburg,Pa Live in Tiffin,Ohio

Rsjmom2012
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Oh wow not all children with autistium at the same it's present itself differently in all children I know people who children who's autistic are very different

Quoting Basherte:

From what I understand from all the research and talking to other people, my son is quite 'strange' in that he sleeps all night long. Most autistic children have problems sleeping.

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

I so wish he did that

Quoting Basherte:

I'm very lucky. Once my son is in his room, he's pretty quiet and goes to sleep pretty well on his own, and now that he isn't taking any naps throughout the day, sleeps all night long again.

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

Yes i need sleep I'm already have lost sleep due to my son and his up every hours

Quoting Basherte:

I couldn't take the city until being there for about a month or two. I like the quite. I love a city life, though. I just really like quiet at night when I'm trying to go to sleep.

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

Oh wow I wouldn't be able to take it I like quietness it would scare me every time lol but it is understandable

Quoting Basherte:

It's a really small town. Still stuck back in the 1800's I think. When you walk down the street if someone else is out they will wave to you and talk to you. Mostly about the weather and stuff. It's a really nice place to live.  So quiet, except for the trains that run 24/7. I don't know how many run through the day because we have a tv on all the time, but there are around 4 at night. They blow the whistle all the time.  Two kids lost their lives on the tracks. (not sure what time of day, I haven't really asked) I don't know when it happened either, just know that because of that they are now required to blow their horn while they are running through the area. The noise is annoying, but it's understandable.

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

Oh wow I heard of it because looking for something for ex hubby and the town popped up

Quoting Basherte:

Wow! I'm gonna faint. You are like THE FIRST person to have heard of it, and I'm talking like people in harrisburg have never heard of halifax.

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

U off 83 or 30

Quoting Basherte:

That's awesome!

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

I moved to York pa in November from Baltimore md and ill be moving back to York soon

Quoting Basherte:

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:23 AM

I know all that.

I'm just saying that lack of sleep seems to be common among a lot of asd kids. A friend of mine who just turned 33 sleeps like 3 to 4 hours a night if that much, every night.

It just seems to be a common complaint. That they don't get enough sleep.

I know everyone is different. I also know that everyone in the spectrum is different.

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

Oh wow not all children with autistium at the same it's present itself differently in all children I know people who children who's autistic are very different

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

I so wish he did that

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

U off 83 or 30

Quoting Basherte:

That's awesome!

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

Quoting Basherte:

CafeMom Tickers
Rsjmom2012
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Oh my..I know it's hard for them I can't imagin how she would feel

Quoting Basherte:

I know all that.

I'm just saying that lack of sleep seems to be common among a lot of asd kids. A friend of mine who just turned 33 sleeps like 3 to 4 hours a night if that much, every night.

I know everyone is different. I also know that everyone in the spectrum is different.

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

I so wish he did that

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

U off 83 or 30

Quoting Basherte:

That's awesome!

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

Quoting Basherte:

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Him. He's okay with it.

He's in college.... mostly online goes in when absolutely necessary. Can't stand to be around people. He's very shut in. He was around 12 when they finally diagnosed him, though his mom knew something was 'off' a long time before that. She did the best she could. His father doesn't understand completely, but does his best as well. His parents got him some fossils, and his dad made a beautiful pine display case for him for those fossils. (His words, not mine) He spent a few very happy hours rearanging his stuff to display his birthday gifts. He has noise reduction head phones to allow him to go out in public and be able to get his errands done. Most of the time he's in his room though.

He's been banned from making chili. His parents can't tolerate the heat in the chili he makes, but he loves it. LOL

He has no empathy, but can tell when people who are in his 'matters' category are not feeling well and are pissed off. He sends me cat things when I'm not well or pissed off to make me laugh. He's very snarky. Makes me laugh all the time. He does it with humor. He lives in Scotland. I can't really describe this man very well. I love his mind. I've learned a lot from him, and he's an open book when I have questions about my son. He's very willing to help me help my son. "so that my son doesn't have to go through what he went through" < his words.

I actually love him like a friend, but he's not comfortable with those sentiments, but understands the "love his mind" and takes it as a compliment, like it is meant. :)

I could go on forever about this man. His favorite subject is geology. I'm learning that from him, he can explain the most 'boring' concepts to me and make it come alive. Boring being my description of it before speaking to him about it.

He's very intelligent and is writing a book. Not something I would normally read, but I do want to read it when he's done with it. He's been a source of tons of support and help when it comes to my son. He loves rpg's. 

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

Oh my..I know it's hard for them I can't imagin how she would feel

Quoting Basherte:

I know all that.

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

I so wish he did that

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

U off 83 or 30

Quoting Basherte:

That's awesome!

Quoting Rsjmom2012:

Quoting Basherte:

CafeMom Tickers
LoriAnn87
by Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Marlton NJ

luzianagurl
by Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:21 AM

minden, la....close shreveport

dfollin
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Fairfax,VA
dfollin
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Quoting k1kelley:

Mechanicsville, MD

You are not far from me I am in Fairfax,VA and I have many friends in MD
----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/dfollin
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)