Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So I've been living with my MIL and she thinks that Spongebob for my 3 year old is perfectly fine. Though I have asked her nicely not to let him watch it.

Study's have shown that Spongebob can cause children to become stupid.

I let my child watch TV, only ones that are edicational.

What do you think about letting your child(ren) watch Spongebob?

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Replies (21-30):
ladyluke2007
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:32 PM

I don't know that it makes them become stupid or not but I know that it is a stupid show IMO.  I don't like it and never have.

saltlifemama
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I am not a fan of Spongebob but my boys do watch it. As for it making your kids stupid that is not exactly what the study stated. It said that kids that watch only spongebob type cartoons and no other educational shows are not as advanced in kindergarten testing. 

That being said my boys are both in high math, reading, and language groups. They are very smart and so if was true, spongebob makes kids dumb they should be in special ed.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:16 PM

When my dd was younger I also didn't allow her to watch it. Now at 10 I don't really censor much, but we also don't have cable so that helps.

susan_marie
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Lol Although I do NOT have sponge bob on in my house, and I do ask thoes who watch my children do not have it on as well.  I really doubt that it will make children stupid.  Now annoying yes, if they take up talking and laughing like him...Just stand your ground, they are your children, and make it known you and H make the decisions when it comes to what they are exposed to.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:48 PM

I do not think watching certain things make you stupid. I think sometimes the humor is not parent preferred but my 19 month old laughs at it so I let it go for now.

klbetts
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:09 PM
Imo Spongebob is the worst thing on TV. My kids are not allowed to watch it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
signingmama2915
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Spongebbob is banned from my home

SlapItHigh
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:03 AM

I don't like my  kids to watch it either.

ashleyx2greeney
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:05 AM

edicational?  (btw.. its EDUCATIONAL) Have you been watching Spongebob also?

My 3 year old watches it all the time.  She is very smart and well adjusted.  I don't think there is anything wrong with it. 

squeekers
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:07 AM

did you watch Tom & Jerry as a child? What about Bugs Bunny? Mickey Mouse? Howdy Doody? You seemed to turn out ok.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)