Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So I've been living with my MIL and she thinks that Spongebob for my 3 year old is perfectly fine. Though I have asked her nicely not to let him watch it.

Study's have shown that Spongebob can cause children to become stupid.

I let my child watch TV, only ones that are edicational.

What do you think about letting your child(ren) watch Spongebob?

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Replies (31-40):
ameraznkimko
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Spongebob is a horrible show..my son learned the word idiot from that show..I agree with you and I really don't like my son watching the show, but seriously it is really hard to find decent cartoons for kids these days
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
WandaSue
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:02 PM

SpongeBob is on currently

barneysaid
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 3:25 PM
My kids like sponge bob and they also watch nick Jr. I'm ok w them watching it..my boys learn a lot too from nick jr.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 3:59 PM
My kids aren't allowed to watch other bc I think it's stupid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baileymarie723
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:43 PM

My DD, and my nieces and nephews all watch Spongebob, and none of them are anywhere near stupid. In fact I think my daughter has calmed down some since she has gotten into Spongebob. She has ADHD and when she watches Spongebob she actually calms down and watches. I will even watch it with her sometimes because I actually find it humorous.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Shaybay218
by Shayla on Jan. 6, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Don't leave out Cat dog or whatever it is...half cat and a dog on the other end...wth??? My kids don't watch Sponge bob and it's their choice...But I was never allowed to watch Ren and Stimpy nor Bevis and Butthead!

Quoting AleaKat:

You've got to be kidding!
We grew up in a world of Ren and stimpy, rockos modern life and bevis and butthead....

Spongebob is not gonna make your kid dumb. So sick of parents blaming media for their kids shortcomings.
My kids watch spongebob all the time and are both a grade level ahead of their ages.

illinoismommy83
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Studies have shown that 100% of stupid people breathe oxygen. 

SpongeBob in moderation is not going to lower your child's intelligence.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Mine watch it...but I think that your wishes for your child should be respected...

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:21 PM

spongebob rocks!! My 4 yr old daughter watches it with her daddy alot. They love it. She doesnt pick up anything negative from it. She is the smartest lil 4 yr old and polite kid that i know. 

TitaniumBiscuit
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:25 PM

My girls love Spongebob, and they are nowhere near "stupid".  Got any of these studies to show us to back up your information, OP?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)