Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Barney

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 26 Replies

Does your 4 1/2yr old still watch Barney?  Mine loves it still.  Should I start turning it off?  Is he too old for it?  For reference he likes things like most of the shows on Sprout, Fireman Sam, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, all of the Disney JR shows, Thomas the Train, Caillou, Land Before Time, Super Why!, Diego/Dora, and LeapFrog movies.  And he's not allowed shows like Spongebob or shows/movies with guns like CARs 2.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HaileysMom07180
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:02 AM

i can't stand caillou!  he's so winey

NicholasMama608
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Quoting HaileysMom07180:

I hate it too but he loves it.  LOL  It's allowed in small doses because I can't stand to watch it often.  He gets Sprout in his bedroom so he's basically allowed to watch it when it comes on TV if he's watching it at that time.  :)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
SlapItHigh
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:43 AM

No, none of my kids were ever really  into barney.

SlapItHigh
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Quoting HaileysMom07180:

agreed

armyvet06
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:54 AM
My two year old is afraid of barney. Has been since she was younger.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HaileysMom07180
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:57 AM

yeah my dd loved caillou up until last year and she is 6 and a half, we don't have actual tv channels we just have netflix so we just started telling her no.

Quoting NicholasMama608:

Quoting HaileysMom07180:

I hate it too but he loves it.  LOL  It's allowed in small doses because I can't stand to watch it often.  He gets Sprout in his bedroom so he's basically allowed to watch it when it comes on TV if he's watching it at that time.  :)

WandaSue
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Thank goodness my kids were never really into him...

barneysaid
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 3:23 PM
I love Barney. I still like him....I even have a tattoo of him on my leg. I'm a big kid :) I'm 25 but don't watch it anymore. He's a big part of my life growing up. Now I have 2 boys but they don't care for him. They rather watch nick Jr. *-*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
supermomz25
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 3:28 PM

nick jr. is my sons favorite channel as well as sprout. barney was really never a show he liked. but he also loves spongebob and he watches it with his older siblings (12 1/2 and 11)

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Neither of my kids have seen barney. I'm kinda picky about what they watch which is easy since we have Netflix and no satellite.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)