Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Does your 4 1/2yr old still watch Barney?  Mine loves it still.  Should I start turning it off?  Is he too old for it?  For reference he likes things like most of the shows on Sprout, Fireman Sam, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, all of the Disney JR shows, Thomas the Train, Caillou, Land Before Time, Super Why!, Diego/Dora, and LeapFrog movies.  And he's not allowed shows like Spongebob or shows/movies with guns like CARs 2.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:11 PM
I think it's okay if he still likes Barney. It's not like that's all he watches.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:31 PM

i have seen kids watch barney until they were 10 yrs old. barney has always been annoying to me but its a good posotive show. Nothin wrong with it. If you can stand it, then let him watch.lol

DixieFlower
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:47 PM

My sons don't really watch much TV. We do use the Barney clean up song when it's time for them to clean though. I don't see a problem with him watching it though. If he likes it he likes it.

CatRog
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:36 PM

My husband had the same concern, back when. So, I suggested he ask our peditirican about Barney. He highly recommended Barney.  Barney is more than his color of purple and green.  He teaches children about sharing, caring, patience, and family values, etc....  My daughter loved Barney too!    My husband, after speaking to our doctor, saw Barney in a different light.   Sitting here I am thinking of his favorite song:  I love you, you love me, we're a happy family, with a great big hug and a kiss from me to you, won't you say you love me too!...

pinkcsmtlgy
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:07 AM

I hate Barney so my boys have never watched it.

cutestmom24
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:14 AM
my dd loves Barney. she will b 2 next month
OliviasMommy611
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:23 AM
No, never
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shaybay218
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:19 AM

My kids don't like Barney!

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:08 AM

I'd let him watch it. He'll move on, on his own time.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:30 AM
No my boys do not watch him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)