Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How long do you hold on to a mystery item?

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:05 AM
  • 11 Replies

I have a 'mystery item'.  It looks like a part of something, but neither my husband or I know what it goes to or what its function would be.  We have kept it around because we don't want to toss it and then discover it was a vital piece of ___________.  On the other hand its floated around my house for a couple years now with still no known purpose or home, just randomly being put with things we think it could fit with.  We have even moved houses with it a couple times! 

So, do I toss it and figure if I haven't needed it yet it probably isn't that important? Or do I continue to keep it and hope I eventually discover its purpose?  How long do you hold on to a mystery item?

by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
poshkat
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Picture please!! We have a "stuff" drawer, everything that maybe connected to something useful, tiny screws, rubber bands etc. Go in and when we find out a use for it we use it
WandaSue
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:07 PM

we basically have the same thing...I'm always afraid to throw them away but i try to go through it every 6 months or so..if its been there that long and i haven't needed it or used it...i toss it

Quoting poshkat:

Picture please!! We have a "stuff" drawer, everything that maybe connected to something useful, tiny screws, rubber bands etc. Go in and when we find out a use for it we use it

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:20 PM
If it's been that long it must not be important. That is my opinion.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Clubpenguin
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:31 PM
I toss everything like that
DixieFlower
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:44 PM

I typically get rid of it after a year.

kksmomma1019
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Yup!

Quoting Janet:

If it's been that long it must not be important. That is my opinion.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:06 AM

I'm impressed that you still remember it. I find mystery stuff and just throw it in the junk drawer and by the time the drawer closes I've forgotten about it lol.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:36 AM

We've got a toss it drawer....and little odds and ends like that are kept there...

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:18 AM

I would throw it in a drawer lol!

la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:04 PM

It would go in the junk drawer and next time I cleaned it out, I would toss it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN