Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

potty training tips....!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:36 AM
  • 11 Replies
My son is 2 1/2 years old and I started introducing undies and he's ok with wearing them but always has accidents. It's been off and on and when I take him to the toilet he freaks out!! I don't know what else to do. He likes wearing his undies but he's afraid of the toilet. I'm worried that he's getting to old to be in diapers. I'm tired of hearing comments from family members. Any advice? I didn't have this problem with my other son but the second time around is totally different. It's crazy!!
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jupiter5
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Don't they have those pull ups underwear looking diapers? My baby's 2 months so no advice other than that...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:47 AM

yes he is getting too old for diapers. Just be consistant. every kid is different and does things at there own time. does he use the toilet or have his own potty?. There is a dvd called Potty Power on amazon.com. Its cheesey but it actually shows real kids using the potty. My helped my daughter alot. Just be glad your not my sister. Her son will be 4 in march and still wears diapers and gets a bottle when he wants. nutts!! And she is gonna enroll him in preschool next fall. grrrrrrr

barneysaid
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:54 AM
Wow...a 4 year old... Yikes. That scares me, I don't want my son to be in diapers when he's that age. Yes, he has his little toilet seat that goes on our big toilet. I think he is learning at his own pace since he asks to wear his undies and he runs around wearing them but he always had accidents. I'm think of keeping him in undies longer in the day. Maybe that will help...
bahamamama61
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:12 AM
Try taking him about every 15 to 20 minutes! :) And 'Reward' him each time he 'goes'! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:23 AM

My dd wasn't ready until she was 4. To me it just sounds like he's not ready yet. Tell your family to mind their own business. I wouldn't worry.

MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:16 PM
I waited till mine were dry overnight before I started. I got the potty chair out and let them come in when I went myself. They have to be ready within themselves--it's not something you can force.
splatz
by Sarah on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Honestly, if he is afraid I wouldn't worry about it. 2 1/2 isn't that old. He will get it with time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thinkpinkBrandy
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:32 PM
If he doesnt have his own potty get one and have him go every hour. When he successfully goes use a star chart or something similiar to build up to a "reward" or prize for being a big boy on the potty.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DixieFlower
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:15 PM

With my son I just let him lead. If he's asking for the underwear maybe look into some cloth trainers. That way he has the feeling of cloth but should he have an accident it's not quite as bad as in the underwear. My oldest decided at 2.5 yrs old he was going to stop using diapers and he did. He did it all on his own within 48hrs he was no longer in diapers. My youngest is 2 yrs old and I plan to do the same with him. When he decides its time then we will work on it. We have the potty accessible and he uses it occassionally but not pressure.

DixieFlower
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:15 PM

I agree

Quoting splatz:

Honestly, if he is afraid I wouldn't worry about it. 2 1/2 isn't that old. He will get it with time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)