Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

first time mom. worried about baby movements. HELP

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:41 AM
  • 10 Replies

sometimes, i got a couple days without feeling her kick. other days i go feeling her all the time numerous days in a row. then nights like tonight i barely feel her. im scared something might be wrong. is this ok? this is my first child

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:42 AM

how far along are you? She might sleep alot or she is running out of space and gives up on moving alot. Its normal. Dont be scared. I went through the same thing with both my girls. Especially when my youngest was born 4 mos ago.

excitedmama2013
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:44 AM

im 26  weeks along this thursday. so i dont really have anything to worry about? sometimes i can be so paranoid

shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Every baby is different, but you should be feeling her daily at thus point. Have you tried timing movements? If not, pick a time of day that you normally feel baby move and do something quiet during that time so that you are paying attention to what baby is doing. If you don't feel her, try eating something really cold or sweet or come back to it later. If you find that you really are going days without feeling movement I would call your doctor. Its totally possible that baby is just calm, but better safe than sorry.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
excitedmama2013
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:25 AM

today i felt her a couple times just not nearly as often as usual.... normal? or a bad sign

BeautyFull
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:28 AM

You may just be Paranoid, but at the same time you know what is normal and what isnt.  Its hard for anyone to give you advice because every baby/pregnancy is different.  When my baby didnt move I drank cold water, that always got him moving.  But if you feel that something isnt right go to the hospital, better safe than sorry.

MamaMoopsie
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Everything is fine. Babies go through cycles in the womb--active cycles and calm cycles, much like our awake and sleeping cycles, but since she doesn't understand that night time is for sleeping or day time is for activity she may go hours and hours of active and then have a day or two of total calmness. It's perfectly normal. If you get really worried drink something cold and sugary and then lay down on your side and wait about half an hour, she should start moving around.

My first daughter was fairly active in the womb but still had her calm days. My second daughter scared the tar out of me. I was lucky to feel her once or twice a week unless she had the hiccups. Half the time the only reason I knew she was still alive in there was because of the hiccups! She was just that calm and even after she was born she was the easiest baby in the world. She never cried or fussed, was sleeping through the night at two weeks old. I would get up to nurse her and she'd nurse like a champ---but was completely asleep the whole time! lol

You're fine, hon, and so is your baby girl! Good luck!

anupriya
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:54 AM
no need to worry it is usual this happen to me tooo.bt aftr i got a little cute princess.....gud luck :):)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ahchoo
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Try not to worry, tho I know you will anyway. It all sounds very normal / par for the course, tho movements r reassuring, baby will decide when. Talk to ur OBGYN, for any strong concerns, maybe a sonogram can be done to calm u until the birth. God Bless

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:21 AM

I would contact your doctor, just for the peace of mind.

excitedmama2013
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:51 PM

thanks for all your support mama's! i called my o.b. they wanted me to come in to be put on the monitor just to make sure. and everything was fine, her heart rate was between 140-145. it was actually kinda funny because i didnt feel her for 2 days, then as soon as she gets the monitor she kicks my tummy up and moves it off her haha i was like you are such an attention hog! all that comotion just to get attention. im really enjoying this site, it wonderful to be able to talk to other mama's. im 22 and this is my first baby, so i seem to over-react alot of times. thanks again ladies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN