Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom
My one year old is very shy. I do as much as I can and that budget will allow but hes still shy. He even gets shy when my mom comes to my house and I dont know what to do...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:15 AM
Replies (21-23):
mommyof2andTTC
by Alicia on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Lol my kids are the same... well the only family they talk to are my mil,, sil,, and bil... other than me and my husband... I just look at the positive... my kids will never walk off with a stranger or run away from me in a store and get lost or taken

Mommy of 2 girls & TTC #3 twin girls & baby dust

Kim042269
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:31 PM

We don't all have to be outgoing. Leave him alone and respect his boundaries, just like you would an adult. When around others, if they can't see it for themselves, just explain that he's not comfortable interacting with people, and leave it at that.

Roo1234
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Be patuent and accepting of his personally. Continue to model the behaviors you find desirable and gently encourage outgoing behaviors when appropriate.
Also don't label. It will only encourage the behavior to cement because it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Kids live up (or down) to our expectations.

Also remember this is most likely just a phase and who he is now isn't necessarily who he will be tomorrow

I also want to add that being reserved isn't a bad trait. There are many advantages that be dismissed
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)