Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What do you normally pay for...

Posted by   + Show Post

I have an out of home specialty cake business and was wondering what you normally pay for your child's birthday cake.

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Replies (21-30):
Jeremmy
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:11 PM

$20. I would pay more for a an older kid if i was doing a special theme (like a 16th party) if i didnt make it myself.

edelweiss23
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:14 PM
I make my own.
I have found that most cake businesses I have used have subpar cakes that are really dry.

I taught myself how to make some delicious moist cakes. Now my kids won't eat store bought cakes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Susan0805
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Is your sn your name? My name is susan marie! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermario4ever
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:15 PM

I make my own. 

OliviasMommy611
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:06 PM
$40
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Good plan!

Quoting edelweiss23:

I make my own.

I have found that most cake businesses I have used have subpar cakes that are really dry.

I taught myself how to make some delicious moist cakes. Now my kids won't eat store bought cakes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlelamb303
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:05 PM

I paid 100 for a castle cake once, her sixth birthday.  She still remember it and she is turning 16 this year.  Normally, I would pay about $18.. and that would be to feed a small amount of people, just family.  For larger parties, I would be paying around $50 at the minimum.  But, we do live in NY, the bakeries are outrageous, and so are the prices, lol   I never did mind splurging for dd though.

larschick
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:07 PM
About 30-35 for a big cake or 36 cupcakes with a kit on them. I think the one I order for ds's party will be close to 40 something because I ordered 48 cupcakes
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
-Mommy-2-Three-
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Ahhh $25-40 depending

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:04 AM

I will be making my own from now on. No matter that they won't look as good as buying one from someone else. 

The last time I bought a birthday cake for my son, the cake was dry and the frosting was disgusting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN