Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Checkup/shots at 5 yrs?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:19 AM
  • 16 Replies

My DD had a checkup and shots when she turned 4, and i cant remember if she is due for another checkup when she turned 5... does anyone know?

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsNewman
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:21 AM
A well child visit every yr is recommend. I think my dd got 1 vaccination last yr for her 5 yr check up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
angie944
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Okay, thank you! I couldnt remember what age they said she would need to go back, but I would like her to have a routine checkup done anyway!

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

as far as i know they dont have anymore for a while. Only one my daughter will be getting is the Flu shot. I guess you could always schedule for atleas a check up if you wanted too. Alot of mothers do check ups for thier children every year

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:15 PM

There's a chart on the vaccine card she should have.

DixieFlower
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Sadly not all vaccine cards have that. Neither of my son's cards have a vaccine schedule. It just has for the office to put the date recieved and the intials of who administered it.

Quoting goddess99:

DixieFlower
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:09 PM

I think it varies. My doctor has them go every year until age 5. Then after that it's just when they need vaccines or are sick.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Oh that sucks. Idk what I would do without the chart.

Quoting DixieFlower:

Sadly not all vaccine cards have that. Neither of my son's cards have a vaccine schedule. It just has for the office to put the date recieved and the intials of who administered it.

Quoting goddess99:

chattycassie
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:23 PM

You should take kids every year for a well child visit. I think one more set of shots before school maybe chiken pox booster.

chattycassie
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this

My Dr recomends and my insurance pays for a well care visit each year. (still doing this for my 13 y/o)  It's also good for adults. Just beacuse you don't need a shot or appear sick dosen't mean nothing is wrong.  IMO

Quoting DixieFlower:

I think it varies. My doctor has them go every year until age 5. Then after that it's just when they need vaccines or are sick.

DixieFlower
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:32 PM

My insurance only pays for well care child visits every two yrs (unless medically fragile) after the age of 5. I personally think that just going to the doctor every year for him to tell me everything is good with my children is a waste of time and money. Not to mention their chance of exposure to children who are sick. If there is anything wong there will always be signs. There isn't anything that wouldn't be noticable. Now since I do have medical conditions that require monitoring I do go annually my husband on the other hand has only gone to his doctor twice since we've been married.

Quoting chattycassie:

My Dr recomends and my insurance pays for a well care visit each year. (still doing this for my 13 y/o)  It's also good for adults. Just beacuse you don't need a shot or appear sick dosen't mean nothing is wrong.  IMO

Quoting DixieFlower:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN