Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Checkup/shots at 5 yrs?

Posted by   + Show Post

My DD had a checkup and shots when she turned 4, and i cant remember if she is due for another checkup when she turned 5... does anyone know?

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Replies (11-16):
chattycassie
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Glad I have good INS. I guess it a matter of opinion I still take my daughters every year, myself and the Dr we see thinks its for the best. I can tell you CANCER dosent always have signs, lot of diseases dont. Be safe be well. :)

Quoting DixieFlower:

My insurance only pays for well care child visits every two yrs (unless medically fragile) after the age of 5. I personally think that just going to the doctor every year for him to tell me everything is good with my children is a waste of time and money. Not to mention their chance of exposure to children who are sick. If there is anything wong there will always be signs. There isn't anything that wouldn't be noticable. Now since I do have medical conditions that require monitoring I do go annually my husband on the other hand has only gone to his doctor twice since we've been married.

Quoting chattycassie:

My Dr recomends and my insurance pays for a well care visit each year. (still doing this for my 13 y/o)  It's also good for adults. Just beacuse you don't need a shot or appear sick dosen't mean nothing is wrong.  IMO

Quoting DixieFlower:

I think it varies. My doctor has them go every year until age 5. Then after that it's just when they need vaccines or are sick.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:36 PM
There is a shot they have to get before they enter kindergarten.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Your Dr should have a record when she had her last and when she is due again.

DixieFlower
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:58 PM

I'm also glad that I have good insurance. There's always little signs especially with cancer. Most people have just become so relient on doctors that they don't pay attention. Even the American Cancer Society has a "signs of cancer" on their website. Could you please give an example of a disease that doesn't have any signs?  A sign can be something real small. Maybe a twitch or being fatigued etc.. Most people just tend to ignore the little things which is why they are shocked when after a year of feeling kind of blah they find out something showed up on their blood work. If they'd been paying attention and had gone to the doctor when they first started thinking that things don't feel all that right they could have found out this sooner and had a better year.  Going to the doctor for an annual physical is a good thing for those that don't pay attention to what their body is telling them. I personally perfer to stay away from places where you have sick people gathered in one spot unless I absolutely have to. Which unfortunately for me means I go annually and hope I don't catch anything while there.

Quoting chattycassie:

Glad I have good INS. I guess it a matter of opinion I still take my daughters every year, myself and the Dr we see thinks its for the best. I can tell you CANCER dosent always have signs, lot of diseases dont. Be safe be well. :)

Quoting DixieFlower:

My insurance only pays for well care child visits every two yrs (unless medically fragile) after the age of 5. I personally think that just going to the doctor every year for him to tell me everything is good with my children is a waste of time and money. Not to mention their chance of exposure to children who are sick. If there is anything wong there will always be signs. There isn't anything that wouldn't be noticable. Now since I do have medical conditions that require monitoring I do go annually my husband on the other hand has only gone to his doctor twice since we've been married.

Quoting chattycassie:

My Dr recomends and my insurance pays for a well care visit each year. (still doing this for my 13 y/o)  It's also good for adults. Just beacuse you don't need a shot or appear sick dosen't mean nothing is wrong.  IMO

Quoting DixieFlower:

I think it varies. My doctor has them go every year until age 5. Then after that it's just when they need vaccines or are sick.

wifeynmommie80
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:59 PM

The school should remind you, I know ours will LOL I get so caught up with everything else I always forget.

OliviasMommy611
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Won't need more until starting kindergarten.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN