Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Mom of 4..no "Real" friends.

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:19 PM
  • 25 Replies

Hi, so lately I feel like everyone has a group of friends they can confide in or just hang out with except me. I get on facebook and see pics of friends hanging out or joking back and forth about this or that. I moved here a few years ago because my husband is from here and has a good job. When we got married he had 2 boys, which he has full custody of. So I became a mom right away. The first year was like playing house and it never really bothered me that I didnt have any good friends or family around. But since then we have added a little girl, who is now 3 and also have one one the way. Lately, I feel like such a loser because my husband always has friends coming over or hes going over there and all I do is just chill at the house. It gets very lonely. I have tried to be friends with some of my husbands friends but they all have their established friends and I dont want to be what I call a "charity friend." I know Im not the only one who feels like this, I guess it just goes with being a a stay at home mom. I also do go to church but everyone is a lot older or a lot younger than me and its hard for me to find a babysitter for my kids. I guess Im just looking for people who are or have been in the same boat. I want to be able to enjoy my kids and the blessing i have, because my kids wont be little forever.

Thanks,

no friends

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:38 PM
I know sitting in the house with just the kids can get pretty lonely. Does your husband take you out at all?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Volunteer at your kids school or join and be active in the PTO. You'll definitely meet and interact with people that way.

aprilmcgraw
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:06 PM
3 moms liked this
I no exactly how you feel.I am also the mother of 4 .And when I do find the time to hang with friends I realize I have none.The few I do have are from my childhood and we no longer have anything in common.I think many moms struggle with this.If you find a solution let me know.lol.
angellily44
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Ive thought about volunteering at my kids school but I have a 3 year old who is not in school and another little girl on the way. I guess Ill just have to wait til they are all school aged to have a social life again...lol Its nice to know Im not alone in this. Thanks

lola-rae
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:10 PM
I feel the same way just email me lolaeae66@ yahoo.com we can hang out
koliver1986
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Omg i know the feelonv also i go no qhere and hang out with no ons bur my kuds
auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:15 PM
I know the feeling too.
Kim042269
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:54 PM

My husband and I visit together, not separately - we are one unit. I know that's a bit unorthodox, but it's common where he's from. At any rate, I don't feel a lack of friends because I'm busy, my life revolves around my work and family, and my husband doesn't leave me sitting at home alone while he hangs out with friends.

aprilmcgraw
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:34 PM
I also have a two yr old and no sitter.It makes everything impossible.I cant pee on my own how would I leave the house on my own?
rybugsmom
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:27 AM

just message me i ll be more than glad to talk to you i kno how you feel i struggle with this everday

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN