Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom of 4..no "Real" friends.

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi, so lately I feel like everyone has a group of friends they can confide in or just hang out with except me. I get on facebook and see pics of friends hanging out or joking back and forth about this or that. I moved here a few years ago because my husband is from here and has a good job. When we got married he had 2 boys, which he has full custody of. So I became a mom right away. The first year was like playing house and it never really bothered me that I didnt have any good friends or family around. But since then we have added a little girl, who is now 3 and also have one one the way. Lately, I feel like such a loser because my husband always has friends coming over or hes going over there and all I do is just chill at the house. It gets very lonely. I have tried to be friends with some of my husbands friends but they all have their established friends and I dont want to be what I call a "charity friend." I know Im not the only one who feels like this, I guess it just goes with being a a stay at home mom. I also do go to church but everyone is a lot older or a lot younger than me and its hard for me to find a babysitter for my kids. I guess Im just looking for people who are or have been in the same boat. I want to be able to enjoy my kids and the blessing i have, because my kids wont be little forever.

Thanks,

no friends

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Replies (11-20):
shylynn22
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:30 AM
I'm in the same situation
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Hope you make some friends here! : )

mayalove
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Same here but only two kids
chattycassie
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:01 PM

I don't really keep any friends that I "hang out with" I guess I am okay with this. I do work outside the home and get regular adult interaction. I wish you the best of luck. The PTA idea is great.

bahamamama61
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:07 AM
Yes, it is hard to make time for friends, or outside activities! Especially with small kids! But you need someone to be friends with! People need People! You can Message me, if you want:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMoopsie
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Yeah, I'm kind of there. I have my best friend, who has been my best friend since we were eleven (we're 29 now) but lately it feels like she's slipping away. She has one daughter, is a single mother, and works full time. Her daughter is 7 now and my BFF will leave her with her mom (the grandma) and go party every once in a while, or she's made some friends through her work and they always have a party for every occasion (St. Patrick's Day, Halloween, you name it) and so my BFF seems to be moving on because I don't party and I'm not a social butterfly.

My other friend is my SIL and we don't seem to find a lot of time to hang out either. Other than that I don't have anyone. I'm a homebody naturally, but I still miss having that friend I can always call no matter what. I've got four kids (SD who is 9, then my 3, 2, and 1 year olds) and we're expecting our fifth child this May. I feel like all I do is hang out with my kiddos, which really they're a blast, but I do miss the adult conversations and wouldn't mind maybe once a month going out with a girl friend and just being girls, you know? Not getting drunk or anything, maybe go have lunch and just talk. That would be beautiful.

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:31 PM

I have been there hon. ((HUGS))

reche1978
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:59 PM

i know how you feel IM if you ever want to talk :)

cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Im in the same boat, but 1 3yo and 1 on the way. I do talk to friends if I see them while were grocery shopping, but that's pretty much it. I see friends talking about how "all my friends and me had a great time" and I the "friend" sitting there like wtf?! We go to a play group mondays, but I still feel left out of conversations and what not. Ds has a great time though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Susy17A
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Same here. I cry sometimes because i have no friends someone to talk to i cant even talk to my hubby because he never listens.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)