Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What was the toughest thing about breastfeeding for you?

Posted by   + Show Post

Breastfeeding was so hard for me. I ended up mostly pumping and feeding the breast milk through a bottle. Wondering what struggles other moms had. What questions did you have? What was hardest? What do you know now about breastfeeding that you wish you had known then?

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Replies (21-25):
DragonMother10
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:27 PM
I have heard that too. I have heard from women who are smaller breasted say "I wouldn't be able to produce enough milk." So they think just because I have bigger boobs they think that's why I am able to breastfeed. They don't understand the "supply and demand" concept.

Quoting cowgirls10181:

If baby acts hungry, its not because of lack of milk, keep nursing. (Something i hear frequently im not making enough milk).

Develope good nursing habits n the begining.

Dont listen to others who have never breast feed

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Just the pain in the beginning.  It wasn't too bad but I remember wincing a little with the initial latch in the early weeks with all 3 of mine.  Other than that, smooth sailing.

Shaybay218
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:57 AM

Mine was pumping at work...I hated doing it only at work though...I stoped once she turned 9 months she's 11 months now!

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:12 AM

away from home feedings

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:07 PM

When my breast got infected. I thought I was going to die. It was so painful and I was so sick.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)