Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I have a couple questions?

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:42 PM
  • 7 Replies

I just found out I am pregnant with my second child.  People said I looked pregnanat a month and a half ago but my pregnancy tests were negative.  I finally got a positive.  Is it possible I was pregnant before and didn't know it.  I also am showing and my boobs are really sore.  I was on depo provera but i haven't been on that since Sept 14th that would have been my next shot but i didn't get one is that maybe the reason why i didn't know i was pregnant because i never missed a period because my periods stopped all together.  Thank You

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
alexa933
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:08 PM

DUe to the Depo Provera, the hormones that are secreted will give you a false negative result when your really are pregnant; having a blood test done will give you a more accurate reading than a regular EPT. and not having a period always gives you doubt of not being pregnant. However congratualtions on the new addition!!!

aprilmcgraw
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:40 PM
I was on depo for yrs than decided to start trying.my dr told me it was very unlikley to get pregnant anytime soon and i wouldnt be fertile till i at least had one period.she was wrong.I was feeling sick so i went to the dr to find out i was two months prego with twins.i had to go back to work and explain to my soon to be fatherinlaw boss why my apointment took two hours.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
funhappymom
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:25 AM

It is possible. I'd asked to have a blood test done to find out where you're levels are. They can even do an u/s to help date your pregnancy. Congrats!

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:31 AM

I would say to go to the dr!

bamababe1975
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:36 PM

I agree with this. Congratulations and good luck! :)

Quoting funhappymom:

It is possible. I'd asked to have a blood test done to find out where you're levels are. They can even do an u/s to help date your pregnancy. Congrats!

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Congratulations!

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Congrats!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)