Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

My son is actually...FEMALE?!

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:00 PM
  • 20 Replies
So, after 6 months, we just now got around to sending in for my son's birth certificate. And apparently, my son is actually female cause that's the gender that had listed for him. So, now I have to call in to have it changed. Urg. Has thsi every happened to anyone else? Was it a hassle to get fixed?
CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DragonMother10
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I didn't have this problem, but you should go dowm to the courthouse and explain there has been an error. Is everything else on it correct?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JenniferMiller0
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Quoting DragonMother10:

I didn't have this problem, but you should go dowm to the courthouse and explain there has been an error. Is everything else on it correct?

Yeah, I read through it a few times just to make sure and that is the only error. We had to send off to another city for it. We live in carrollton MS and we had to send off the paperwork to Jackson MS so I gotta call the dept of health there to get it corrected. There's a number on the website so I'm just hoping it isn't too much of a hassle.
CafeMom Tickers
DragonMother10
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:16 PM
I see. Well I don't know if the system is just as a pain in the ass like here in Texas. I got summoned for jury duty for the first time a month after I had my son and was still recovering from a c-section. Even though I sent in thre information to be exempt, I was told I had to go to court for "skipping" jury duty. I went and explained to the judge and he still fined me plus court costs. I hope they don't give you trouble. There was an error due to someone else's fault and I got blamed and had to pay the penalty.
Jennyanne322
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:18 PM
This happened to my friend. She is Russian and named her daughter a Russian boys name. The BC came in the mail as boy. She had to call and have it changed. She has a very Russian first name too.
She just had to call and get it fixed.
Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this

oh my goodness! Things happen i guess.Not a perfect world. Sorry you had to go through that

JenniferMiller0
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

oh my goodness! Things happen i guess.Not a perfect world. Sorry you had to go through that

It's just these things aways seems to happen to me! LOL.

CafeMom Tickers
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Sorry you had to go thru that. Hope you get it all worked out.

jteffs
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:15 PM
It happened to us. My daughter Caitlyn came back as male lol I think I just called and told them. It delayed my insurance stuff tho bc I had to send it to them and since it was wrong I had to wait for them to send out a new one.
OliviasMommy611
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Oh what a pain
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Oh geez! I hope it isn't a huge hassle to get fixed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)