Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

so i need ideas

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:13 PM
  • 9 Replies

i have a 2 year old and a 1 year old now they are 11 months apart so they are always with each other and they sleep in the same room together becuase my oldest has his own room since he goes to school going to sleep it takes them like 2 hours b4 they fall asleep because they yell back and forth to each other lately they started something new when i put them for a nap today well i heard them yelling at each other so i went to check on them and i walk into both of them with there diapers off and poop all over the place they were just changed b4 i put them down for a nap and it was only like 10 mins later after i cleaned them all up and they finally took a nap i woke them up and all night long they are ripping there diapers off they dont want them on at all if i put the potty out my 2 year old just wants to play with it he wont sit on it he doesnt talk yet my mom says its proubaly time to start potty traiing but how am i susposed to do that when he doesnt talk ? or how the heck can i make them stop taking there cloths off to rip there diapers off i tell them no and they ust look at me and say oh no and then they run away and do it anyways :-/

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
splatz
by Sarah on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Oh geez... hope things get easier for you soon! Is he showing any other signs of readiness other than taking off his diaper?

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I used to put jammies on backward so my dd couldn't unzip them.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:20 AM
I am trying to potty train my dd before baby #2 arrives. The pedi keeps saying they will do it when ready but yikes!
3aimingfor5
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:49 AM

When the twins were little they did that a few times, I agree with putting the PJs on backwards, we would do the ones that zipped up.

aprilmcgraw
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:31 PM
My twins did that too.The pj thing works unless they help each other.lol.All kids are dif. dont listen to everyone else you child will let you no when ready.My first was totally trained by 20 mo. My twins right before 3rd bday.and now i have a 2 1/2 yr old.she knows how but wont unless you are trying to do something else. Good luck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Try the jammies on backwards. I sure would.

Cassidy3151
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Omg im gonna try the pj thing I never thought of that lol as far as my 2 year old he says pp and poop but by the time he tells me he did it al ready
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Sounds like someone's ready to potty train! Good luck!

saltycoqui
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Yes pjs that they can't remove alone. Some duct tape pieces over the diapers tabs.
Also agree that it really depends on the child when to potty train.
And just because a child can't talk doesn't mean they can't understand you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN