Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What are your kids interests?

Posted by   + Show Post
Do they have one or two things that they are really into that stand out? Maybe a favorite character or hobby?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Replies (11-17):
-Rachelmomof1
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Sleeping, eating, and pooping are pretty much his interests right now seeing as he's only 2 months old, haha.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaMoopsie
by Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 3:45 PM

My SD wants so badly to be a tomboy. She's so not, but she really wants to be! She's got a great love of music and science. She won first place in her school science fair and is heading for the district science fair in February! So excited for her and proud of her! She also loves those monster high dolls because they're cool and pretty but not in the "traditional" sense and she relates to that.

My 3 year old DD loves dinosaurs, she's a girly-girl (loves dresses, tutus, and jewelry) but has a favorite toy dinosaur she takes every where with her. She is also a great story teller!

My 2 year old DD is still figuring things out, but she's the most tomboy of my girls. She has two pairs of bib coveralls that she would wear everyday if I let her. She loves rocks. She'll find rocks to give me and I keep them in a vase that I put fake flowers in. When the vase gets full we pick out the prettiest rocks and put the others in our gravel bed on the side of the house (which is where she gets most of them in the first place!) We took her to a gem and mineral show last summer and she charmed a lot of people who were selling things into giving her free rocks!

My 1 year old is a little problem solver. She loves learning how to take things apart or build things with blocks. You show her something once and she's got it figured out. She also loves helping put things away. She has a little stuffed giraffe that plays lullabys and she knows it's bed time when I wind it up and will crawl to her crib and asked to be picked up.

I'm so blessed to have such great girls! I love this thread, by the way!

splatz
by Sarah on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:55 AM
Isn't it amazing seeing how they all develop into their own person?

My 2 year old says Monster High stuff is "scawy dollys" haha.

Quoting MamaMoopsie:

My SD wants so badly to be a tomboy. She's so not, but she really wants to be! She's got a great love of music and science. She won first place in her school science fair and is heading for the district science fair in February! So excited for her and proud of her! She also loves those monster high dolls because they're cool and pretty but not in the "traditional" sense and she relates to that.

My 3 year old DD loves dinosaurs, she's a girly-girl (loves dresses, tutus, and jewelry) but has a favorite toy dinosaur she takes every where with her. She is also a great story teller!

My 2 year old DD is still figuring things out, but she's the most tomboy of my girls. She has two pairs of bib coveralls that she would wear everyday if I let her. She loves rocks. She'll find rocks to give me and I keep them in a vase that I put fake flowers in. When the vase gets full we pick out the prettiest rocks and put the others in our gravel bed on the side of the house (which is where she gets most of them in the first place!) We took her to a gem and mineral show last summer and she charmed a lot of people who were selling things into giving her free rocks!

My 1 year old is a little problem solver. She loves learning how to take things apart or build things with blocks. You show her something once and she's got it figured out. She also loves helping put things away. She has a little stuffed giraffe that plays lullabys and she knows it's bed time when I wind it up and will crawl to her crib and asked to be picked up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMoopsie
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:17 AM

Haha! Scawy dollys! That's great. For a long time I tried not to let her be interested in them and I finally asked her why she even liked them and she said "Because they aren't perfect like Barbie's. They have scars and scales and one of them even wears glasses and is really nerdy." I caved. We've become a Monster High family. Even my three year old says she's a monster high doll.

You know, the diversity in my girls is always catching me off guard. They do have a lot of similarities, but the things that really interest them are varied. For Christmas all the girls got a joint present, it's this 6 foot long piano play mat that they can step on the keys and it plays the notes. They all enjoy it, but my 3 year old will study it and try to actually make tunes. Tonight she turned it on and practiced for a little bit then put on a show for us where she played on the lower pitch keys and said "This is my angry at you dance," and it did sound angry! I was really impressed.

Quoting splatz:

Isn't it amazing seeing how they all develop into their own person?

My 2 year old says Monster High stuff is "scawy dollys" haha.

Quoting MamaMoopsie:

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Landon enjoys coloring/drawing, Hulk, Spiderman, the Avengers, etc. Lexi is into playing with her baby dolls and puppies and is into superheroes, especially Wonder Woman.

Looking for the perfect accessory for your little Princess? Check us out at La Jolie Belle Boutique!

MamaMorgan0709
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:17 PM

My DD 6 LOVES anything artsy. Coloring, drawing, My FIL bought her a clock she had to color and put together. She loved it. 

My DS is 3 and LOVES matchbox cars. He literally has thousands. 

They both would watch tv all day long if I let them. 

mamabear17
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:43 AM

Dinosaurs, Woody, and cars. Hes a 2 year old boy all the way!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)