Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Venting!!! Venting!!!

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:05 PM
  • 14 Replies

Ok I just need to bitch so here it goes!

Just went to drugstore I was outta everything so I ended up spending close to a $100!!!! Jeeze, I can't afford to do that, but hell:

My hair was turning gray so I needed dye

My facial moisturizer was done so I needed that it was a buy one get one 50% off so I bought 2!

I was outta hair shampoo conditioner so,,,,,,,,

I was growing a mustache and beard!!! so I got wax lol

I was having hot flashes so I got vitamins for old women like me!

I was browsing the makeup 75% off some stuff so......

Oh hell I feel so guilty but maybe I will at least look better tomorrow!!!!

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't feel to bad you got the things you needed and you got some good deals too. :)

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:13 PM

you needed to treat yourself. Dont feel bad

SweetandSassy12
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Get it gurrrl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mango44
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this

well I wouldn't feel so bad but damn, if my SO see the reciept he isn't gonna understand cause he isn't a woman!!!  They just don't see why you need to buy stuff like that, but I will tell you what I've been looking like hell the past week and maybe he will understand if at least I look better!  Thanks for helping me not feel so guilty!

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:09 PM

I wouldn't feel bad either. Some times you just have to treat yourself.

Reankanesmom
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Don't feel bad having that stuff makes you feel better and some of that stuff is a must. My husband never gets it and I finally asked him one day. Do you like me in a better mood smelling good and feeling good or do you like crabby looking tore up and just all around not happy. He picked the first has never said anything again.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:20 PM

I get it! I sometimes go over board bc it makes me feel better, not so much my wallet though bc dang is that stuff costly!

DragonMother10
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I was under the impression you were going to say you needed toilet paper, medicine, tampons/pads, things like that, that YOU actually need. Sorry but spending nearly $100 you can't afford sounds pretty vein to me. I get that you don't want to look like an old woman, but some things you need to sacrifice for.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:48 AM
You should do a stand up comedy routine!
mango44
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:05 AM

When you get to a certain age, the things I mentioned are things you need.  I go without alot believe me.  But at some point you just get tired of looking at yourself as unworthy.  I don't see anyone else in my family going without, I spend the money to get them what they need or want, I always feel guilty it seems when I get what I need or want.  Anyway, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Quoting DragonMother10:

I was under the impression you were going to say you needed toilet paper, medicine, tampons/pads, things like that, that YOU actually need. Sorry but spending nearly $100 you can't afford sounds pretty vein to me. I get that you don't want to look like an old woman, but some things you need to sacrifice for.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)