Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Venting!!! Venting!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok I just need to bitch so here it goes!

Just went to drugstore I was outta everything so I ended up spending close to a $100!!!! Jeeze, I can't afford to do that, but hell:

My hair was turning gray so I needed dye

My facial moisturizer was done so I needed that it was a buy one get one 50% off so I bought 2!

I was outta hair shampoo conditioner so,,,,,,,,

I was growing a mustache and beard!!! so I got wax lol

I was having hot flashes so I got vitamins for old women like me!

I was browsing the makeup 75% off some stuff so......

Oh hell I feel so guilty but maybe I will at least look better tomorrow!!!!

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Replies (11-14):
DragonMother10
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:05 PM
I understand. It just things like that remind me of my own mother, she spends this money she can't afford on things like this, yet she says she is broke for certain things. I understand she doesn't want to look her age either, but her priorities should be straightened out. I rather go out of the house with no makeup than using the money to buy tons of it. Ever since I had my son, I rarely put makeup on.

Quoting mango44:

When you get to a certain age, the things I mentioned are things you need.  I go without alot believe me.  But at some point you just get tired of looking at yourself as unworthy.  I don't see anyone else in my family going without, I spend the money to get them what they need or want, I always feel guilty it seems when I get what I need or want.  Anyway, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Quoting DragonMother10:

I was under the impression you were going to say you needed toilet paper, medicine, tampons/pads, things like that, that YOU actually need. Sorry but spending nearly $100 you can't afford sounds pretty vein to me. I get that you don't want to look like an old woman, but some things you need to sacrifice for.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MichelleMc
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Wow that is a lot of money. The make up I never wear any ever & don't moisturize. I get when you don't get, but if I don't have it. I don't have it. Spending $20 maybe but wow on $100. Eek. Course drugstores are usually higher so even at Buy one get one 50% it might be even higher priced. I do get having to do things for yourself, but, sometimes it is things like time when I don't have money. 

mango44
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:33 PM

I only bought two mascaras one for my daughter, so not much was spent on that, the rest was hot flash medicine I really needed to get, I am suffering at night and not getting much sleep, the rest was just stuff I needed.  But yes I was shocked when the lady said that will be 92 dollars!!!!  I even got stuff on sale I tried to be frugal believe me.  Oh well, that was the first time I really spent that much on myself and some of the shampoo and conditioner was for my daughter too.  Anyway, I won't need anything for a few months and I will be sure to use everything sparingly.  I work in an office environment where I see customers so I have to look my best.  But I am really not high maintence at all sorry if I seemed like I was.  I don't get my  nails done and rarely go to the hairdresser, so I'm not so bad.

momof3jam
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Ughhh I know the feeling!!

Oh well, sh*t happens. You needed the stuff anyway. I need to go to the store too (TP, toothpaste, all that stuff, but there's always those few things you remember last minute).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)