Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Natural birth?

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:22 AM
  • 30 Replies
Have any of you ladies had a natural birth how was it honestly? With both my girls I had a epurdural with my first I felt contractions with my second I did but it hurt really bad. I want to try and go natural but Im not going to lie I'm a cry baby how bad does it really hurt?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DragonMother10
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:28 AM
I wanted to have my son naturally, but they told me I needed an epidural because my blood pressure went high. Then I had to get an emergency c-section because my son was trying to come out before I was fully dilated and his head swelled up. Needless to say it didn't turn out the way I hoped.
DixieFlower
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:51 PM

I haven't had a natural birth yet. However, with both of my births I found that as long as I was able to keep moving I could handle the contractions. However, laying in the bed for the monitoring every hr is what got me. For both of my sons I had to have the epidural stopped before I could push. So at that point I felt everything again. Once at that point my body pretty much took over. I didn't have that feeling with my first but with my second the nurse wanted me to stop because the doctor wasn't there yet. I told her I couldn't my body was doing it on it's own. It was a really awesome feeling feeling my body doing that. I would really reccomend getting a doula for your next birth. :)

louzannalady
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Here is my first birth. I got the epidural firty-five hours in.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/117811/forums/read/17233670/Story_of_my_first_sons_birth?use_mobile=0

Here is my second birth. 100% drug free!!!! : )

http://www.cafemom.com/group/117811/forums/read/17233714/My_second_sons_birth_caution_Very_rough_and_long?use_mobile=0
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:55 PM

I've had two natural births, one in the hospital and one at home. They were awesome. My first was an epidural birth but I loved my natural births way more. 

mommyof31024
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Yeah with my first I got a dural I felt the contractions but i didn't feel when I pushed with my second one I got the dural as soon as I got there so I didn't feel any contractions but omg pushing her out hurt so bad I think dural wore out cause one of my legs were num and the other one wasn't. With my first I was in labor for a day and half and my second one only 8 hours. My doctor is inducing me the 26th of feb I hope Im not in labor for ever and the 2 things that scare me the most of going natural is that for 1 I might ripe to it will hurt so bad I'll pass out from the pain.

Quoting DixieFlower:

I haven't had a natural birth yet. However, with both of my births I found that as long as I was able to keep moving I could handle the contractions. However, laying in the bed for the monitoring every hr is what got me. For both of my sons I had to have the epidural stopped before I could push. So at that point I felt everything again. Once at that point my body pretty much took over. I didn't have that feeling with my first but with my second the nurse wanted me to stop because the doctor wasn't there yet. I told her I couldn't my body was doing it on it's own. It was a really awesome feeling feeling my body doing that. I would really reccomend getting a doula for your next birth. :)

SlapItHigh
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Why are you being induced?

mommyof31024
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:00 PM
I had the dural for my both my girls the thing that scares me the most going natural is that for one I might ripe or 2 it will hurt so bad I'll pass out from the pain and I'm not going to lie I'm a cry baby when if come to pain lol.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

I've had two natural births, one in the hospital and one at home. They were awesome. My first was an epidural birth but I loved my natural births way more. 

mommyof31024
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Because with both my girls my water wouldn't break on it's own so my doctor just wants to go on with it again witch I'm fine with because its only 3 days befor my actual due date.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

SlapItHigh
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:06 PM

There's no reason for your water to break on its own.  Your baby can be born without your water breaking. So it sounds like there is no reason for the induction other than your drs convenience?  I would say to keep your eye on the epidural. While its possible to have an epidural free birth, it won't be "natural" in the sense of the labor happening on its own. Induced births are much more painful and your movement is limited. Just lying in a bed with unnatural induced contractions is going to be very hard.  For a natural birth I would want to avoid unnecessary induction and be able to move around. Have you thought about using a doula?

Quoting mommyof31024:

Because with both my girls my water wouldn't break on it's own so my doctor just wants to go on with it again witch I'm fine with because its only 3 days befor my actual due date.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

mommyof31024
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:10 PM
I thought doula was a epeedural? What is it then? And honestly I want to be induced I am I'm so much I can't take it anymore so I'm happy to be induced. And not only does my water not break I won't go into labor period they have to make me go into labor. It's just how my body is.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

There's no reason for your water to break on its own.  Your baby can be born without your water breaking. So it sounds like there is no reason for the induction other than your drs convenience?  I would say to keep your eye on the epidural. While its possible to have an epidural free birth, it won't be "natural" in the sense of the labor happening on its own. Induced births are much more painful and your movement is limited. Just lying in a bed with unnatural induced contractions is going to be very hard.  For a natural birth I would want to avoid unnecessary induction and be able to move around. Have you thought about using a doula?

Quoting mommyof31024:

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN