Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom
Have any of you ladies had a natural birth how was it honestly? With both my girls I had a epurdural with my first I felt contractions with my second I did but it hurt really bad. I want to try and go natural but Im not going to lie I'm a cry baby how bad does it really hurt?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:22 AM
Replies (11-20):
louzannalady
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:12 PM
I have done both epi and no epi. I would hire a doula and go natural any day of the week over having another epi birth!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:14 PM

How do you know you won't go into labor without being induced?  What is the longest you've ever gone in pregnancy?  A doula is a labor support person. Is there a reason you are not wanting an epidural this time?

Quoting mommyof31024:

I thought doula was a epeedural? What is it then? And honestly I want to be induced I am I'm so much I can't take it anymore so I'm happy to be induced. And not only does my water not break I won't go into labor period they have to make me go into labor. It's just how my body is.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

There's no reason for your water to break on its own.  Your baby can be born without your water breaking. So it sounds like there is no reason for the induction other than your drs convenience?  I would say to keep your eye on the epidural. While its possible to have an epidural free birth, it won't be "natural" in the sense of the labor happening on its own. Induced births are much more painful and your movement is limited. Just lying in a bed with unnatural induced contractions is going to be very hard.  For a natural birth I would want to avoid unnecessary induction and be able to move around. Have you thought about using a doula?

Quoting mommyof31024:

Because with both my girls my water wouldn't break on it's own so my doctor just wants to go on with it again witch I'm fine with because its only 3 days befor my actual due date.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Why are you being induced?

mommyof31024
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:20 PM
How do I know bc I went threw it the longest i i was pregnant was almost 43 weeks. So I'm good I'll get induced it's only acouple days shy from my actual due date and I was induced with my girls and they did fine with it and they are both very healthy.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

How do you know you won't go into labor without being induced?  What is the longest you've ever gone in pregnancy?  A doula is a labor support person. Is there a reason you are not wanting an epidural this time?

Quoting mommyof31024:

I thought doula was a epeedural? What is it then? And honestly I want to be induced I am I'm so much I can't take it anymore so I'm happy to be induced. And not only does my water not break I won't go into labor period they have to make me go into labor. It's just how my body is.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

There's no reason for your water to break on its own.  Your baby can be born without your water breaking. So it sounds like there is no reason for the induction other than your drs convenience?  I would say to keep your eye on the epidural. While its possible to have an epidural free birth, it won't be "natural" in the sense of the labor happening on its own. Induced births are much more painful and your movement is limited. Just lying in a bed with unnatural induced contractions is going to be very hard.  For a natural birth I would want to avoid unnecessary induction and be able to move around. Have you thought about using a doula?

Quoting mommyof31024:

Because with both my girls my water wouldn't break on it's own so my doctor just wants to go on with it again witch I'm fine with because its only 3 days befor my actual due date.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Why are you being induced?

SlapItHigh
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Oh ok, that doesn't mean that you won't go into labor on your own. I was almost 43 weeks with my first but I went on to go into labor on my own with the next 2. The key there is just not getting induced. I mean its your body, get induced if you want. But that doesn't mean your body won't do it on its own.   Why do you want to go without an epidural?
Quoting mommyof31024:

How do I know bc I went threw it the longest i i was pregnant was almost 43 weeks. So I'm good I'll get induced it's only acouple days shy from my actual due date and I was induced with my girls and they did fine with it and they are both very healthy.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Quoting mommyof31024:

mommyof31024
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Why do I want to go natural it's drug free just because you're getting induced doesn't mean you're getting drugs in you lol some times they just pop you're water and you will go into labor or they will put pills in your cervics but its still not a drug.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Oh ok, that doesn't mean that you won't go into labor on your own. I was almost 43 weeks with my first but I went on to go into labor on my own with the next 2. The key there is just not getting induced. I mean its your body, get induced if you want. But that doesn't mean your body won't do it on its own.   Why do you want to go without an epidural?

Quoting mommyof31024:

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Quoting mommyof31024:

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:58 PM

I was totally never interested in it what-so-ever. I had both my kids by c-sec. but if you choose to do it then i wish you the best and an awesome experience! Jsut stay posotive

SlapItHigh
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Oh ok, so you Are wanting to avoid drugs just for the labor?  Maybe I am confusing you with another poster. Any who breaking the water isn't an effective means of induction and the majority will still need drugs to induce. Additionally, the pills they put on your cervix are drugs.  Common drugs used this way are cervidil and misoprostol. And those are definitely drugs but most will still need additional drugs as applying to the cervix is done to ripen, not induce. Sometimes ripening will initiate induction but not usually. Even breaking the waters causes unnaturally painful contractions. 

Quoting mommyof31024:

Why do I want to go natural it's drug free just because you're getting induced doesn't mean you're getting drugs in you lol some times they just pop you're water and you will go into labor or they will put pills in your cervics but its still not a drug.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Ladybugmama86
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:13 PM

I had natural with my first... Completely natural, not even an iv, they placed the needle just in case but that was all, they started fluids after she was born. I LOVED it!! My water broke at home at 6 in the evening, went to the hospital 2 hours later, walked the halls did whatever until almost 6 in the morning and she was born at a little after 6 that morning. Not gonna lie its painful, but its amazing at the same time and once you get that baby out and hold them in your arms you totally forget the pain!

My second I was induced because they thought she was going ot be to big (stupid, stupid excuse) I went in at 4 am, they started an iv at 5 and I laid in bed fighting the pain trying to get comfortable around the pain and the ivs and wires and heart monitors and every time they upped the pit the contractions got worse and worse but I was not making progress and I was miserable. They finally told me I was going to have to get a csection if I didnt start progressing and I needed to go ahead and get the epidurial for that anyway. So at 3 that afternoon I finally gave when I started hyperventilating from the pain and the thought of a c section and the fact that I had been in excrutiacting pain for almost 12 hours. So I got the epidural and yeah she was born at 4 that after noon but even though my legs were numb and it took the edge off the pain I was still in a lot of pain and I didnt get the relief from the pain that I got doing it naturally.

After that I swore I would NEVER EVER EVER get induced again and I would never ever do a medicated labor again, but then my son passed away at 40 weeks and I had to be induced and that time I didnt want to feel anything and I just wanted it over with so I could try to get on with my life... They started the induction process at 7:20 pm at 6 am I got the epidural they upped the pit to the max and finally at 8 pm the next day (I had been in labor for 24 1/2 hours) they broke my water, upped the epidural dosage and at 9 pm that night my son was born sleeping. Once again I was in much more pain then doing it naturally and I still didnt get that relief after the baby came out... That I am still having back problems from the epidurals and 2 spinal taps... it never healed properally and leaks spinal fluid.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:33 PM
I had to have my last baby natural due to complications. I was so upset about what was going on I really couldn't tell you how painful it was. My mind was on the baby.
ktp111
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:21 PM

i had a natural birth after walking to the hospital in labor-he was born 20 minutes after I got there, i had no clue i was in labor, i just thought they were cramps, i've had period cramps that were worse than childbirth. after the doctor was done delivering him, i said That's it? I only have one child a son, and I owe him one for sparing me the pain(just joking)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN