Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Flu shot...do you or...

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:24 AM
  • 31 Replies
1 mom liked this

Did you have one done? I did! We get them for free through my job...it's going around pretty bad. Thay called it an epidemic on the news!

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetmissy_05
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes both me and the girls got our flu shots.

MamaMoopsie
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I didn't and I won't. I'd never had one until I was pregnant with my second daughter and the doctor told me that pregnant women and infants were at higher risk to get the flu and N1H1. So I took my infant daughter in and we both got the regular flu vaccine. Within 24 hours we both had the flu, but no one else in our family caught it. I'm convinced it was because of the vaccine. I'd never had the flu before and never had the vaccine before and suddenly the only two people who got the shot both got the flu? Too much of a coincidence for me.

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:18 PM
2 moms liked this

Its always smart to get one. I just hate that my 4 mon old is to young for one. There are so many misinformed people that dont get them because they think the shot can give them the flu or make them sick or because of the stuff in it which by fact is safe completely. If they go to www.koco.com and click in the search box FLU MYTHS. then they will learn alot.

somuchlove4U
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this
No. My daughter and I have never gotten the flu shot and never had the flu.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mstef99
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Got mine, I'm glad I did, now I'm working on getting my dh and son one!

-Rachelmomof1
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:37 PM
No. It's only 62% effective anyways.
Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this

62% effectiveness is awewome!! Whats the problem? you have a even better chance of not getting it along with handwashing and being sanitary in which that alone most likely wont give you much of a chance. Better safe than sorry

lillucky8
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I do bc my work forces me to. No one else in my family does.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Rachelmomof1
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:43 PM
It's not worth the risk. I'm prone to vaccine reactions. I've only had the flu twice, and I'd rather get the flu than have a deadly reaction. (I've had a life threatening reaction before. I am selectively vaccinated and my son is too.)

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

62% effectiveness is awewome!! Whats the problem? you have a even better chance of not getting it along with handwashing and being sanitary in which that alone most likely wont give you much of a chance. Better safe than sorry

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Sometimes I do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)