Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Flu shot...do you or...

Posted by   + Show Post

Did you have one done? I did! We get them for free through my job...it's going around pretty bad. Thay called it an epidemic on the news!

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:24 AM
Replies (11-20):
sassysilvergirl
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Nope. Gave them to my oldest when he was 1 and 2....both times he was in the hospital with the flu so bad he was dehydrated. Ever since then, never got it and has had the flu once. He is now 8. So we don't get them.
lovelyladybump
by Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 3:15 PM
No flu shot for me. I'm allergic to eggs so they can't give me the flu shot apparently. None for my son either, until we know what his allergies are.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom2camy
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 3:17 PM
My 5 yr old dd got her flu shot last week. Dh and I never get one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 3:58 PM
2 moms liked this

I wish I did. I didn't because I am allergic to egg. Now they are saying this years shot you can take it even if you are allergic to egg. I was so so sick with the flu. I am taking it next year.

DragonMother10
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:10 PM
I have never gotten one, my husband has and gotten sick. My son recently got his and he seems to be doing fine. He was sick over the holidays and got us sick, poor guy was miserable. I don't think everyone gets sick from the flu shot. Also I never had problems as a child when I was vaccinated and my son has no problems. There are so many horror stories about vaccines and it makes people not want to give them to their children because of stories they hear. I hear and see horrible stories about deadly car accidents, but that doesn't terrify me to the point I refuse to get in a vehicle.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:14 PM

My dd and I both got one. Dh refused to.

sayre
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:16 PM

We didn't get them this year and while we did get the flu, it was less severe than last year when we did get the shots.

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Nope.

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Well thats compeletely understandable. That sucks alot

Quoting -Rachelmomof1:

It's not worth the risk. I'm prone to vaccine reactions. I've only had the flu twice, and I'd rather get the flu than have a deadly reaction. (I've had a life threatening reaction before. I am selectively vaccinated and my son is too.)

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

62% effectiveness is awewome!! Whats the problem? you have a even better chance of not getting it along with handwashing and being sanitary in which that alone most likely wont give you much of a chance. Better safe than sorry

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
DixieFlower
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I typically do but sadly I haven't gotten one this year yet. Just haven't had the time to get in to the doctor to get one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)