Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Flu shot...do you or...

Posted by   + Show Post

Did you have one done? I did! We get them for free through my job...it's going around pretty bad. Thay called it an epidemic on the news!

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:24 AM
Replies (21-30):
louzannalady
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:17 PM
We do not do the flu vax. It is only 59% effective. It also suppresses the immune system for two weeks while your body is building antibodies. That is not exactly a wise thing to have happening in your body in middle of an outbreak! Known carcinogens and mercury do not magically become good for your body just because they are in a vaccine! ; )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shaybay218
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Been getting them a few years now and never gotten sick...every body is different!

Quoting louzannalady:

We do not do the flu vax. It is only 59% effective. It also suppresses the immune system for two weeks while your body is building antibodies. That is not exactly a wise thing to have happening in your body in middle of an outbreak! Known carcinogens and mercury do not magically become good for your body just because they are in a vaccine! ; )

patticoss
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:24 PM

No for 2 reasons: 1 it is only 64% effective. 2 because I did my research and found out what is in most shots and I am not about to put cow pee, monkey kidney tissue, and other things into my body or my childrens bodies. Oh and I am allergic to the shot (and no I am not allergic to eggs). 

Shaybay218
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:27 PM

lol...oh well ive been getting all that injected in my for yrs and never got sick...but I understand how you feel

Quoting patticoss:

No for 2 reasons: 1 it is only 64% effective. 2 because I did my research and found out what is in most shots and I am not about to put cow pee, monkey kidney tissue, and other things into my body or my childrens bodies. Oh and I am allergic to the shot (and no I am not allergic to eggs). 

blue_eyes_5
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:37 PM

We don't do the flu shot.

I broke down & let them give my 2yo one this year because he has some medical issues & he can get really really sick really really quickly. Then he had a friggin reaction to the shot that landed us in the hospital.

We started using essential oils this year...diffusing them in the house & none of my kids have been sick for the first winter that I can remember since having kids. (I have 5...3 are in public school with lots of germs)

Spoiled_Blonde
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:52 PM

The exact same thing happened to me!! I was preggo and they told me I should get one, (I've never had one before) but the dr highly recommended that I get one being I was preggo. Well withing 24 hours I had the flu, then got strep throat and had to be put on antibiotics. Since then I've not gotten the flu and I've not gotten another flu shot. My kids have never had the flu shot either, and never had the flu...

Quoting MamaMoopsie:

I didn't and I won't. I'd never had one until I was pregnant with my second daughter and the doctor told me that pregnant women and infants were at higher risk to get the flu and N1H1. So I took my infant daughter in and we both got the regular flu vaccine. Within 24 hours we both had the flu, but no one else in our family caught it. I'm convinced it was because of the vaccine. I'd never had the flu before and never had the vaccine before and suddenly the only two people who got the shot both got the flu? Too much of a coincidence for me.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
singlemama0905
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:59 PM
DS and I both got ours. We both have asthma, plusbhe has RSV at 6 months so we're towards the top for people that are highly recommended to get it. I get it every year and have only had the flu twice, when I was 13 & 17, hospitalized when I was 17 because if it. I also work healthcare so I feel better getting it - both because I want to lower the risk of bringing it home and because I want to lower the risk if me giving it to one of my residents since the death rates are high for tge elderly with flu, especislly with other health issues.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaMoopsie
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:54 AM

I haven't had the shot since and none of my kids have (except the one time with my daughter when I got the shot) and none of us have had the flu. That's been over two years that we haven't had the flu and before that I'd gone 25 years without the shot and without having the flu.

Quoting Spoiled_Blonde:

The exact same thing happened to me!! I was preggo and they told me I should get one, (I've never had one before) but the dr highly recommended that I get one being I was preggo. Well withing 24 hours I had the flu, then got strep throat and had to be put on antibiotics. Since then I've not gotten the flu and I've not gotten another flu shot. My kids have never had the flu shot either, and never had the flu...

Quoting MamaMoopsie:

I didn't and I won't. I'd never had one until I was pregnant with my second daughter and the doctor told me that pregnant women and infants were at higher risk to get the flu and N1H1. So I took my infant daughter in and we both got the regular flu vaccine. Within 24 hours we both had the flu, but no one else in our family caught it. I'm convinced it was because of the vaccine. I'd never had the flu before and never had the vaccine before and suddenly the only two people who got the shot both got the flu? Too much of a coincidence for me.

emeraldangel2.0
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:07 AM

nope no reason to get one here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)