Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

emotional week

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:47 PM
  • 16 Replies

I have been deeding this week for sometime now. Even tho it is my choice too. I feel depressed and I hope once I am past the actual day I will get better. I am having a tubal this thursday. I am 40 yrs old and suffered a miscarriage last March at 20wks. I am very happy with the children I do have and my ds7 and sd15, ss13 take up a good protion of my time still. I also have two grown ds's 23 & 20. But for some reason I am really sad the past couple of days waiting for the surgery. I hope this will pass soon. I have a hard time letting my feelings show. So my dh isnt really aware of how I am feeling. I have also been struggling with the loss of our daughter. I know this best, I couldnt go thru another miscarriage. Even tho there was no apparent reason for the loss of my daughter. I just couldnt ever go thru that again......

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Leochanning2012
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:58 PM
You don't sound so sure of ur decision think it thur one more try won't hurt...I'm sorry about te loss of ur little one :( I almost suffered a miscarriage at 6 weeks and 15 weeks.. I will never tie my tubes I told my hubby to get a vasectomy.. If he doesn't want anymore kids..I wish u luck in whatever you decide is best for u!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
angirose
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Thank you ..... I think I am secure in the fact I won't be able to have children anymore. Our daughter wasn't planned and I was on birth control religiously.... I am possibly looking at grandchildren soon as my big boys are 23 & 20 and I am looking forward to moving on with my career. I just didn't Exspect to have last min regret feelings I guess

Quoting Leochanning2012:

You don't sound so sure of ur decision think it thur one more try won't hurt...I'm sorry about te loss of ur little one :( I almost suffered a miscarriage at 6 weeks and 15 weeks.. I will never tie my tubes I told my hubby to get a vasectomy.. If he doesn't want anymore kids..I wish u luck in whatever you decide is best for u!

jessimicuh
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this
If you're not 100% certain, maybe you shouldn't do it mama.. You could go into serious depression.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angirose
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Quoting jessimicuh:

If you're not 100% certain, maybe you shouldn't do it mama.. You could go into serious depression.

I have been talking in depth w my dh today, it's helping ....thank you
DixieFlower
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:20 PM

hugs

angirose
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Quoting DixieFlower:

hugs

Thank you so much (((hugs back)))
Leochanning2012
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:43 PM
My mom had my little brother at thirty and tied her tubes..four months later she was pregnant already 12 weeks and it was a tubal pregnancy and they had to take the baby out..11 years later she tells me how much she regrets it.. Let us know what u choose to do :) I hope everything turns out good!
Kim042269
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I had my last child at 42. I had a miscarriage a few months before I got pregnant with her. I have a gorgeous baby girl now and I'm so glad! Far be it from me to question such a personal decision, but you don't sound at all sure of your decision...maybe you should wait? There's always birth control. The fact that you had a miscarriage doesn't mean you'll have another one. My midwife explained to me when I had one that a lot can go wrong with the process of forming a human being, and that it's a miracle it goes right so much of the time! p.s. MY oldest is 26, and my next youngest is 16. I'm having a blast being a new mommy again!

xxMichellexx
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:34 AM
I am 42 and my bubs is 3 weeks old... If you are not 100% sure, then wait and make the deduction when you are more certain...
We make rash decisions when we are emotional..
Talk to your DH and turn to him for support, because he lost a baby as well and we often forget about our DH..
I had a misscarriage at 6 weeks with my first and I shut my DH out :( I didn't thnk about the fact that he had also lost a baby and I wish I had of turned to him instead of ignoring him during that time..
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:35 AM

hugs

I had my tubes tied when I had my youngest. They were doing a c-section anyway, and the doctor performed the tubal right after birth of my son. 

I know it was the right thing for me. If ya need to talk, feel free to message me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)