Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I have been deeding this week for sometime now. Even tho it is my choice too. I feel depressed and I hope once I am past the actual day I will get better. I am having a tubal this thursday. I am 40 yrs old and suffered a miscarriage last March at 20wks. I am very happy with the children I do have and my ds7 and sd15, ss13 take up a good protion of my time still. I also have two grown ds's 23 & 20. But for some reason I am really sad the past couple of days waiting for the surgery. I hope this will pass soon. I have a hard time letting my feelings show. So my dh isnt really aware of how I am feeling. I have also been struggling with the loss of our daughter. I know this best, I couldnt go thru another miscarriage. Even tho there was no apparent reason for the loss of my daughter. I just couldnt ever go thru that again......

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Replies (11-16):
Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I am sorry mama. I know it must be hard realizing you will have no more babies but hang in there bc you are doing what you feel is best!

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I'm sorry for your loss. If you aren't 100% sure, maybe just wait a bit.

angirose
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Quoting Pammi86:

I am sorry mama. I know it must be hard realizing you will have no more babies but hang in there bc you are doing what you feel is best!

thank you.

chattycassie
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:00 PM

I am 34 getting my tubes tied changed A LOT like not having to take the pill everyday. I hope that this will pass for you and you feel better soon. :)

SlapItHigh
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:24 PM

I think there's a reason you are sad, regardless of what our culture tells you, your heart knows deep down in your soul that getting a tubal is inherently sinful. I would take this to prayer and also research why people have known this is wrong, for thousands of years. Hugs, I know you wouldn't do anything wrong on purpose and I have no doubt you are only trying to make a good decision. Listen to your heart. 

splatz
by Sarah on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:35 PM

I think its pretty normal to feel like that. Even if you aren't planning to have another just KNOWING you can't is really sad.   Best of luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN