Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't tell me how to feed MY baby!!!!!!!

So, I've heard all this bad stuff about baby cereal and oatmeal. I even made a post in group asking a question but no one answered my question because they were so intent upon tell me how bad feeding my baby oatmeal was and that I should do "baby led solids" and completly skip baby food all together. I did research it and decided that "bab led solids" just wasn't for me...especially seeing as how we get FREE baby food through my WIC. Why let all that food go to waste? I understand that people have opinions but someone could have at least answered my question before telling me what to feed MY baby. >.>

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Replies (11-20):
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Do what you know and feel is best for your baby....everyone is different...I wish you and the baby the best!

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:27 PM
2 moms liked this

As long as your just giving a little bit at a time is fine. I gave my daughter a little bit in her milk when she was a baby and she turned out just fine. Do what you think is best for you and the baby. Don't worry about what others think here. Women on CM are vicious creatures....lol

Shaybay218
by Shayla on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I have given it to all 3 of mine and they are perfectly fine...it's whatever you choose to do!

MomtoLou
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:41 PM

From what I understand of breast milk, you make what your baby needs, or that's the general idea. With my daughter I pumped and added it to cereal she didnt like the oatmeal. It didnt increase my bm supply. But I only pumped once and just enough to mix with the cereal. And then after she ate she finished nursing. It worked well for me.

msbell428
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't worry about what everyone else says. Do what you feel is best for your baby! My son had cereal as a baby! I gave it to him at just a few weeks old! He had a big appetite and formula just wasn't enough. And this next baby will eat it too! I caught hell for giving my son baby food at 3 1/2 months and his doctor recommended it! I just told everyone my kid, my business!!

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:26 PM

i hear ya! you do whats best for your baby cause you know what can and cant hurt baby. Im all for cereal and starting with it before anything. cause i know my facts and the ones that disagree know there's. We should all respect each others decisions and quit being immature about it. Too many people are to busy preechin there crap then respecting. Go for it girl!!! You got that baby food than take advantage of it. 

Rosies50
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:44 PM
4 moms liked this

Babies have been eating cereal for as long as I've ever known. I feel if they can eat it, and it's a calorie with vitamins, do it. I used to mix it with applesauce or peaches. The peaches always smelled so good. You have to do what you feel is right. Just don't get on here and tell us how you chew it's food and spit it in it's mouth! That's all I have to say. LOL.

KRIZZ25
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:46 PM
i all was gave my kids cereal and baby food.. don't lesson to any one.its ur child do what u wont .
auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree

Quoting Pammi86:

Everyone will have an opinion but you are the parent!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aimhawk
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:14 PM

what are you wanting to know? and where did you post it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)