Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Don't tell me how to feed MY baby!!!!!!!

So, I've heard all this bad stuff about baby cereal and oatmeal. I even made a post in group asking a question but no one answered my question because they were so intent upon tell me how bad feeding my baby oatmeal was and that I should do "baby led solids" and completly skip baby food all together. I did research it and decided that "bab led solids" just wasn't for me...especially seeing as how we get FREE baby food through my WIC. Why let all that food go to waste? I understand that people have opinions but someone could have at least answered my question before telling me what to feed MY baby. >.>

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Replies (191-200):
melissaAD1125
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Ok that's new to me what's so bad about baby cereal my girl eats it every morning
xxshelbyxxx
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Wic is NOT public assistance you dumbass! Everyone and anyone can get Wic! My SO and I got denied for every assistance under the sun cuz we make too much money, but we still get Wic! Anyone gets Wic. Wic is to help moms make their kids heathy by providing health foods only! If they made food stamps for the se reason they made Wic the there'd be alot less obesity.

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

you're new huh? that was actually NICE compared to what i've seen. take everything here with a grain of salt.

and be prepared to be bashed for getting wic. nothing people here hate more than someone declaring they're on public assistance.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lizzistardust
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds about right.  People on this site can be relentless when it comes to insisting their way is the only possible right way.

Though, I've noticed this somewhat in parents in general, which I attribute to a combination of passion for the topic and personal fear that they might not be doing the best thing for their own children.  I've sort of stopped discussing parenting with other parents for this reason.

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

you're new huh? that was actually NICE compared to what i've seen. take everything here with a grain of salt.

and be prepared to be bashed for getting wic. nothing people here hate more than someone declaring they're on public assistance.

SlapItHigh
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:46 PM
No that's what the OP said. If its "snoody" then you make that accusation against her, not me. I didn't say anything about anyone being lazy, maybe you are quotin the wrong person. This idea that everyone is so different is BS. The physiology of babies is generally the same. You would have no idea if something "worked" for your baby unless "worked" means the baby didn't die or mom got more sleep....even if she got that sleep b/c baby's body was having trouble digesting food. If you look at science, they can determine what is healthy for babies with actual research that takes other factors into consideration. Any mother is free to ignore the evidence but its no reason to lash out and pretend people attacked you.

Quoting powers2704:

Quoting SlapItHigh:

I would thank them for sharing important info with you.  If you don't believe it, or you believe it but feel that free food is more important, then by all means go the route of your choice.  Why wouldn't you want the information though?  As mothers, it's important that we share with each other.

. If to feel free food is more important!? What a snoody comment, she probably meant that if wic is giving out baby food for people who may need the help then it is probably not as bad as other people are making it sound. That's what I took from it anyway, with an open mind..... To each their own. I do agree though that not all opinions are going to make you feel good or be what you want to hear. Everyone is different and every baby is different. Do what you feel is right and what works for you. There are so many opinionated people out here these days that think they know everything. May be what works for them but may not be the path you need to go with! Just an FYI I have worked hard for years make too much money for any other assistance and only receive wic. I'm in the middle, not playing the system but wic is a big help. Not everyone who has wic is a person unplowed or lazy!!!!! Even if unemployed you do not know their situation so calm it with the snide remarks.

mama2gg
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:49 PM
I'm sorry your sadly mistaken I did not .com .net .gov or .whatever ANYTHING I've posted. And im sorry did you just say babies have eaten baby ceral for 1, 000's of years hahahah
Quoting Lady_Mondego:

I'm curious why the only website listed for information supporting your claims is one that us an op-Ed opinion site. A dotcom not a dot org or anything that has to be held to factual standards yet you trust your research from those sites and criticise a woman that chooses to trust information from a doctor with medical training. If you don't trust your kids doctor then you should find another and if you are standing in facts from a dotcom site you might as well believe in ufos too. Also those preaching about the tradutional methods that have kept the species alive for thousands of years seem to have conveniently forgot that infant birth rates in those times were massive but today with science we have the lowest infant mortality rates ever. So if you want to follow the site your group is preaching as gospel which advocates feeding babies semi raw eggs (ridiculous) then go on ahead but don't imagine you have the better or best information at hand.

Quoting mama2gg:

that's SCARY you trust someone else so much with YOUR child, do your OWN research don't follow blindly that's HORRID for your child PERIOD not from my mouth from the GOVERNMENTS

Quoting Pooobaihr:

I don't get it either. I go with what my doc says and he's a great doc.  He's even told me to put a little rice in the formula sometimes. Not enough to make it thick and clumpy, but just enough to where it still comes through the nipple.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melissaAD1125
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Quoting supercarp:

Cereal is good. Don't feed it to your baby until he is 6 months old. All pediatricians say that.

My pediatrician recommends starting cereals at 4 months and I did with all three of mine and they did fine with it
emeraldangel2.0
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:59 PM

excuse the fuck out of you.

i never once made a insult in that post regarding wic

i happen to AGREE with you but when you start off calling me a dumbass like you're some type of internet bad ass we WILL have problems. get your shit straight and watch what you fucking say to people.

Quoting xxshelbyxxx:

Wic is NOT public assistance you dumbass! Everyone and anyone can get Wic! My SO and I got denied for every assistance under the sun cuz we make too much money, but we still get Wic! Anyone gets Wic. Wic is to help moms make their kids heathy by providing health foods only! If they made food stamps for the se reason they made Wic the there'd be alot less obesity.

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

elk571
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:08 PM
There's really nothing wrong w/cereal; it's a preference like anything else on what 'current' research u want to believe. It's not like you're giving your baby wine! Lol. However, they definitely don't recommend putting it in a bottle bc babies tend to choke and many ppl then have problems getting baby to eat it from a spoon (no its not like 'nipple confusion' crap just that babies like adults get lazy lol). So no sense in making parenting harder on yourself! Cereal is there as a starter food for a reason, heck adults eat cereal to start their mornings bc it's also easy on the stomach lol. Personally I feel soda and snack cakes r absolutely more 'crap' than baby cereal that us at least fortified w/ things... Also, we mlitary and so get WIC as well! I don't like doing it but what most ppl font realize is that abt 60% of military families qualify! Some even for food stamps too on top of the food and housing pay we get; 'assistance' is not just for the lazy etc tho yes some r just like some milk the system just as some who qualify DONT use it either...
sprinkes
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Listen to the advise,and feed your baby what you feel is healthy. This is just a site for advise ,not an actual nutritionist .
jennifblair
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Eligibility for WIC does actually depend in your income. Look it up if you don't believe me.

Why would you call someone names just because you think she is incorrect about something? (which she wasn't, you were)

Quoting xxshelbyxxx:

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)