Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Don't tell me how to feed MY baby!!!!!!!

So, I've heard all this bad stuff about baby cereal and oatmeal. I even made a post in group asking a question but no one answered my question because they were so intent upon tell me how bad feeding my baby oatmeal was and that I should do "baby led solids" and completly skip baby food all together. I did research it and decided that "bab led solids" just wasn't for me...especially seeing as how we get FREE baby food through my WIC. Why let all that food go to waste? I understand that people have opinions but someone could have at least answered my question before telling me what to feed MY baby. >.>

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Replies (61-70):
k_hall1784
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:50 AM
2 moms liked this

Feed your kid what you want, but make sure you do your research about what you're putting into his/her little body. So much of what we americans eat is pure garbage and more than half of us don't even know. It's sad really. 

potgieter

best website EVER

http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/index.htm#.UPV6qo4hnEM

mama2gg
Oh damn your right jezzz

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Uhhh duh! Don't you know that ALL doctors are awesome and smart and they know EVERYTHING about every baby and you should ALWAYS follow whatever they say. ALWAYS.

Quoting mama2gg:

Ha you just said in this quote you do what your doctor said just because they are a good "doctor" no reference what so ever to the fact that babies can't digest food till they can sit up alone ever so yeahh you are ffollowing blindly because you know nothing based on facts...

Rice in a bottle = sids, choking hazard, no nutrition

Food NO FOOD should ever be put into a bottle ever ever ever research it your self American Academy of Pediatrics stats- a baby should be able to sit unassisted and use a pincher grasp before introducing cereals or baby foods of any kind

Quoting Pooobaihr:

Um.... yeah, no.

-.- I don't follow blindly, but you're free to think as you wish. :D

Quoting mama2gg:

that's SCARY you trust someone else so much with YOUR child, do your OWN research don't follow blindly that's HORRID for your child PERIOD not from my mouth from the GOVERNMENTS

Quoting Pooobaihr:

I don't get it either. I go with what my doc says and he's a great doc.  He's even told me to put a little rice in the formula sometimes. Not enough to make it thick and clumpy, but just enough to where it still comes through the nipple.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pooobaihr
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Well since you feel so keen on quoting me, please quote where I mentioned an infant?

Quoting mama2gg:

Ha you just said in this quote you do what your doctor said just because they are a good "doctor" no reference what so ever to the fact that babies can't digest food till they can sit up alone ever so yeahh you are ffollowing blindly because you know nothing based on facts...

Food NO FOOD should ever be put into a bottle ever ever ever research it your self American Academy of Pediatrics stats- a baby should be able to sit unassisted and use a pincher grasp before introducing cereals or baby foods of any kind

Quoting Pooobaihr:

Um.... yeah, no.

Quoting mama2gg:

that's SCARY you trust someone else so much with YOUR child, do your OWN research don't follow blindly that's HORRID for your child PERIOD not from my mouth from the GOVERNMENTS

Quoting Pooobaihr:

I don't get it either. I go with what my doc says and he's a great doc.  He's even told me to put a little rice in the formula sometimes. Not enough to make it thick and clumpy, but just enough to where it still comes through the nipple.

AmiJanell
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I don't think it's a big deal.  I think there are for sure better foods as first foods... but cereal isn't terrible.  It doesn't have a lot of healthy stuff in it, but it's still a bland food that most babies tolerate well.  We started with oatmeal with our baby, primarily to see if it helped with her reflux... and it did!  It's been amazing for her since starting it... and she LOVES it, she grabs the spoon and shoves it in her mouth! LOL it's so cute.  I know it's earlier than most people start and I also know many wouldn't start with oatmeal, but I did what I thought was best for her (trying something to keep her for spitting up all of the time!) and she has been so much happier too!  I know we did the right thing for her... no one on cafemom can tell me they know better when they've never met my baby. (half the time the ladies on here are just repeating some garbage that they heard from another CM mom, that THAT mom heard from another CM mom and none of they know what the hell they are talking about anyway! LOL)

shylynn22
Whats ur question? I feed dd baby food and cereal. :/?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mama2gg
1 mom liked this
If you are putting rice in a bottle this mean there is NO FOOD in his life = common knowledge meaning BABY as over 6 months you would be feeding your child food

Or I could be wrong and your not following blindly your just too lazy to feed your baby food of they are not too young to eat cereals

Quoting Pooobaihr:

Well since you feel so keen on quoting me, please quote where I mentioned an infant?

Quoting mama2gg:

Quoting Pooobaihr:

Um.... yeah, no.

Quoting mama2gg:

Quoting Pooobaihr:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes you're trusting a doctor who spent a whole HOUR learning infant and childhood nutrition, I'm guessing 8-20 years ago.

A doctor who follows OUTDATED practices. Who goes AGAINST the American Academy Pediatrics guidelines.

Oh what a "great" doctor.

I only follow my pediatricians MEDICAL advice because that's what they know. Anything else I research myself, usually he's wrong.

Quoting Pooobaihr:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pooobaihr
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Or you could just be acting like a pain in the butt "sanctimommy" and think that I just feed my kid cereal straight out the womb. XDDD  Who knew that I had to give every detail of everything when I post a response. Oh wait, I forget, this is cafemom where everyone knows everyone and is in everyone's lives in every second of the day and you sit in my window and just know how I parent.

:D Well here is a few facts for you, when my child got the age where it was OKAY to feed them food, (CEREAL).  My doctor informed me that it was OKAY to put a little cereal in his formula to help fill him up BECAUSE my son has always had issues with eating and never seems to get full. Because see my deary, he has SENSORY ISSUES.  He NEVER is full.  It was only until he got to about 4yrs old where he began to fill the food in his stomach.

So yes, Miss Fly-on-my-wall.  While he was an infant, he breast fed up until he was about 6 months, then formula fed and then when he got to the age of FOODS, I put cereal in his bottle.

Is that enough detail information for you?  XDDDDDDDDDD  PS, this worked quite well for my kid and he is 8 years old now going on 9.  No sids for him.

Quoting mama2gg:

If you are putting rice in a bottle this mean there is NO FOOD in his life = common knowledge meaning BABY as over 6 months you would be feeding your child food

Or I could be wrong and your not following blindly your just too lazy to feed your baby food of they are not too young to eat cereals

Quoting Pooobaihr:

Quoting mama2gg:

Quoting Pooobaihr:

Um.... yeah, no.

Quoting mama2gg:

Quoting Pooobaihr:

Pooobaihr
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Thats great for you.

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

Yes you're trusting a doctor who spent a whole HOUR learning infant and childhood nutrition, I'm guessing 8-20 years ago.

A doctor who follows OUTDATED practices. Who goes AGAINST the American Academy Pediatrics guidelines.

Oh what a "great" doctor.

I only follow my pediatricians MEDICAL advice because that's what they know. Anything else I research myself, usually he's wrong.

Quoting Pooobaihr:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)