Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Don't tell me how to feed MY baby!!!!!!!

So, I've heard all this bad stuff about baby cereal and oatmeal. I even made a post in group asking a question but no one answered my question because they were so intent upon tell me how bad feeding my baby oatmeal was and that I should do "baby led solids" and completly skip baby food all together. I did research it and decided that "bab led solids" just wasn't for me...especially seeing as how we get FREE baby food through my WIC. Why let all that food go to waste? I understand that people have opinions but someone could have at least answered my question before telling me what to feed MY baby. >.>

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Replies (71-80):
mama2gg
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:06 AM
I dont care your reasons

If your child has issues your still following blindly because ceral is POINTLESS and no nutritional value WHY feed a child with issus CRAP? Oh wait cause the doctor says so

Following blindly and don't play this my child was sick bullshit with me I have a 5 year old that has eating issues and I still wouldn't feed him SHIT instead of FOOD

Quoting Pooobaihr:

Or you could just be acting like a pain in the butt "sanctimommy" and think that I just feed my kid cereal straight out the womb. XDDD  Who knew that I had to give every detail of everything when I post a response. Oh wait, I forget, this is cafemom where everyone knows everyone and is in everyone's lives in every second of the day and you sit in my window and just know how I parent.

:D Well here is a few facts for you, when my child got the age where it was OKAY to feed them food, (CEREAL).  My doctor informed me that it was OKAY to put a little cereal in his formula to help fill him up BECAUSE my son has always had issues with eating and never seems to get full. Because see my deary, he has SENSORY ISSUES.  He NEVER is full.  It was only until he got to about 4yrs old where he began to fill the food in his stomach.

So yes, Miss Fly-on-my-wall.  While he was an infant, he breast fed up until he was about 6 months, then formula fed and then when he got to the age of FOODS, I put cereal in his bottle.

Is that enough detail information for you?  XDDDDDDDDDD  PS, this worked quite well for my kid and he is 8 years old now going on 9.  No sids for him.

Quoting mama2gg:

If you are putting rice in a bottle this mean there is NO FOOD in his life = common knowledge meaning BABY as over 6 months you would be feeding your child food

Or I could be wrong and your not following blindly your just too lazy to feed your baby food of they are not too young to eat cereals

Quoting Pooobaihr:

Well since you feel so keen on quoting me, please quote where I mentioned an infant?

Quoting mama2gg:

Ha you just said in this quote you do what your doctor said just because they are a good "doctor" no reference what so ever to the fact that babies can't digest food till they can sit up alone ever so yeahh you are ffollowing blindly because you know nothing based on facts...

Rice in a bottle = sids, choking hazard, no nutrition

Food NO FOOD should ever be put into a bottle ever ever ever research it your self American Academy of Pediatrics stats- a baby should be able to sit unassisted and use a pincher grasp before introducing cereals or baby foods of any kind

Quoting Pooobaihr:

Um.... yeah, no.

-.- I don't follow blindly, but you're free to think as you wish. :D

Quoting mama2gg:

that's SCARY you trust someone else so much with YOUR child, do your OWN research don't follow blindly that's HORRID for your child PERIOD not from my mouth from the GOVERNMENTS

Quoting Pooobaihr:

I don't get it either. I go with what my doc says and he's a great doc.  He's even told me to put a little rice in the formula sometimes. Not enough to make it thick and clumpy, but just enough to where it still comes through the nipple.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BraydensMama163
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:09 AM
I'd take the wic food and donate it. Making your own baby food is much healthier and it adds up to cost about the same price to buy the veggies and fruit as it does to buy a jar full of preservatives
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pooobaihr
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:10 AM

lol Who said the word sick?  No one but you sweetheart.  I didn't follow blindly and guess what? It helped.  Thats all that matters to me.  My kid is prefectly healthy and has always been so.

You don't want to feed your kid "crap", then don't.  All of my kids are out of the baby stage now and are all school age, so don't worry your pretty little head. No more baby cereal for them.

Quoting mama2gg:

I dont care your reasons

If your child has issues your still following blindly because ceral is POINTLESS and no nutritional value WHY feed a child with issus CRAP? Oh wait cause the doctor says so

Following blindly and don't play this my child was sick bullshit with me I have a 5 year old that has eating issues and I still wouldn't feed him SHIT instead of FOOD

Quoting Pooobaihr:

Or you could just be acting like a pain in the butt "sanctimommy" and think that I just feed my kid cereal straight out the womb. XDDD  Who knew that I had to give every detail of everything when I post a response. Oh wait, I forget, this is cafemom where everyone knows everyone and is in everyone's lives in every second of the day and you sit in my window and just know how I parent.

:D Well here is a few facts for you, when my child got the age where it was OKAY to feed them food, (CEREAL).  My doctor informed me that it was OKAY to put a little cereal in his formula to help fill him up BECAUSE my son has always had issues with eating and never seems to get full. Because see my deary, he has SENSORY ISSUES.  He NEVER is full.  It was only until he got to about 4yrs old where he began to fill the food in his stomach.

So yes, Miss Fly-on-my-wall.  While he was an infant, he breast fed up until he was about 6 months, then formula fed and then when he got to the age of FOODS, I put cereal in his bottle.

Is that enough detail information for you?  XDDDDDDDDDD  PS, this worked quite well for my kid and he is 8 years old now going on 9.  No sids for him.

Orton2006
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Dont listen to what everyone says.  I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old and i fed them both cereal.  My1 year old still eats it.  You havento listen to yourself and do what works for you and your baby.  Good luck.

mama2gg
Yeahhh your just making shit up as you go aren't you lololol your as full of crap as that fake, no calories, no vitamins, no fiber crap you made your kid suck down a bottle

Quoting Pooobaihr:

lol Who said the word sick?  No one but you sweetheart.  I didn't follow blindly and guess what? It helped.  Thats all that matters to me.  My kid is prefectly healthy and has always been so.

You don't want to feed your kid "crap", then don't.  All of my kids are out of the baby stage now and are all school age, so don't worry your pretty little head. No more baby cereal for them.

Quoting mama2gg:

I dont care your reasons

Quoting Pooobaihr:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2gg
Yeahhh your just making shit up as you go aren't you lololol your as full of crap as that fake, no calories, no vitamins, no fiber crap you made your kid suck down a bottle

Quoting Pooobaihr:

Quoting mama2gg:

I dont care your reasons

Quoting Pooobaihr:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pooobaihr
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Nope, haven't made up a single word. xD

Its fun to see people like you get all irked.  Is it that hard to believe that people don't parent like you?   Is it that hard to believe people do different things that fit their own kids? XDDD

Quoting mama2gg:

Quoting Pooobaihr:

Quoting mama2gg:

I dont care your reasons

Quoting Pooobaihr:

juniebug11
by New Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Some of the moms are wack as crack on here. Lol, I swear . They have all these crazy ideas , and are very opinionated. They think the only way to go is breast , cloth and organic . Which is all great , but that's not what I do. I breast feed my dd, she's 19 months now. I breast feed for like 3 months and got a horrible infection, like landed in the hospital infection . Very painful, it was really bad. The moms on here where like hardcore breast feeders , like it doesn't matter if your nipple falls off and your on life support , half dead in the hospital you need to breast feed.

Ahh, I pumped for a few months, some moms bashed that. Lol, because I pumped & bottle feed. Or use huggies and not cloth diapers . Oh and my dd gets juice too. Yes I know it sounds insane ! I'm a crazy mom who gives my daughter juice and sometimes I even let her get sweets ( gasp) .

I also gave her rice in her bottle at 4 months because her acid reflux was so bad. We saw so many doctors ,all had different opinions but the rice helped her to not throw up everywhere.

I wouldn't take anything personal that's said on these pages . Your the mom!! Good luck
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
zacmacsmomm
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:23 AM

What I find amazing is that everything my parents did was wrong.  According to these so-called experts, my brother and I should not have only died of SIDS, but we should have horrible food allergies, should have had behvaioral issues as children, be obese, failures, and....etc...whereas todays society of children have sometimes deadly food allergies, big time behavioral issues, a sense of entitlement and so on.  I had cereal in my bottle at 6 weeks, I was allowed to cry it out, I was spanked, slept on my tummy, I had strict rules to follow with consequences if I didn't.  I worked at age 16 so I could afford car insurance and gas money.  I pretty much raised my kids the same way as I was raised. 

Also, if you have a question and ask for answers/opinons, don't be pissed off when you get them.  Once you ask total strangers for their advice or opinons then you just lost the right to bitch, piss and moan :)

zacmacsmomm
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:25 AM

LOL there are some crazies on here that is for sure.

Quoting juniebug11:

Some of the moms are wack as crack on here. Lol, I swear . They have all these crazy ideas , and are very opinionated. They think the only way to go is breast , cloth and organic . Which is all great , but that's not what I do. I breast feed my dd, she's 19 months now. I breast feed for like 3 months and got a horrible infection, like landed in the hospital infection . Very painful, it was really bad. The moms on here where like hardcore breast feeders , like it doesn't matter if your nipple falls off and your on life support , half dead in the hospital you need to breast feed.

Ahh, I pumped for a few months, some moms bashed that. Lol, because I pumped & bottle feed. Or use huggies and not cloth diapers . Oh and my dd gets juice too. Yes I know it sounds insane ! I'm a crazy mom who gives my daughter juice and sometimes I even let her get sweets ( gasp) .

I also gave her rice in her bottle at 4 months because her acid reflux was so bad. We saw so many doctors ,all had different opinions but the rice helped her to not throw up everywhere.

I wouldn't take anything personal that's said on these pages . Your the mom!! Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)