Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Don't tell me how to feed MY baby!!!!!!!

So, I've heard all this bad stuff about baby cereal and oatmeal. I even made a post in group asking a question but no one answered my question because they were so intent upon tell me how bad feeding my baby oatmeal was and that I should do "baby led solids" and completly skip baby food all together. I did research it and decided that "bab led solids" just wasn't for me...especially seeing as how we get FREE baby food through my WIC. Why let all that food go to waste? I understand that people have opinions but someone could have at least answered my question before telling me what to feed MY baby. >.>

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Replies (81-90):
juniebug11
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:28 AM
2 moms liked this
Your kids are soo cute

Quoting Pooobaihr:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Nope, haven't made up a single word. xD

Its fun to see people like you get all irked.  Is it that hard to believe that people don't parent like you?   Is it that hard to believe people do different things that fit their own kids? XDDD

Quoting mama2gg:

Yeahhh your just making shit up as you go aren't you lololol your as full of crap as that fake, no calories, no vitamins, no fiber crap you made your kid suck down a bottle

Quoting Pooobaihr:

lol Who said the word sick?  No one but you sweetheart.  I didn't follow blindly and guess what? It helped.  Thats all that matters to me.  My kid is prefectly healthy and has always been so.

You don't want to feed your kid "crap", then don't.  All of my kids are out of the baby stage now and are all school age, so don't worry your pretty little head. No more baby cereal for them.

Quoting mama2gg:

I dont care your reasons

If your child has issues your still following blindly because ceral is POINTLESS and no nutritional value WHY feed a child with issus CRAP? Oh wait cause the doctor says so

Following blindly and don't play this my child was sick bullshit with me I have a 5 year old that has eating issues and I still wouldn't feed him SHIT instead of FOOD

Quoting Pooobaihr:

Or you could just be acting like a pain in the butt "sanctimommy" and think that I just feed my kid cereal straight out the womb. XDDD  Who knew that I had to give every detail of everything when I post a response. Oh wait, I forget, this is cafemom where everyone knows everyone and is in everyone's lives in every second of the day and you sit in my window and just know how I parent.

:D Well here is a few facts for you, when my child got the age where it was OKAY to feed them food, (CEREAL).  My doctor informed me that it was OKAY to put a little cereal in his formula to help fill him up BECAUSE my son has always had issues with eating and never seems to get full. Because see my deary, he has SENSORY ISSUES.  He NEVER is full.  It was only until he got to about 4yrs old where he began to fill the food in his stomach.

So yes, Miss Fly-on-my-wall.  While he was an infant, he breast fed up until he was about 6 months, then formula fed and then when he got to the age of FOODS, I put cereal in his bottle.

Is that enough detail information for you?  XDDDDDDDDDD  PS, this worked quite well for my kid and he is 8 years old now going on 9.  No sids for him.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MomOwl
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

shhhhhh.... my 5 month old gets BF2-3 times a day and formula the rest. is on rice/oatmeal AND 1st squash/sweet potatoes 2x a day. He LOVES to eat.

I was pumping at work, but I was only getting 3ish oz after 20-30 min. and to take that time out of my jam packed 6 hour day was hard.

you have to do what is best for you and your baby.

zacmacsmomm
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:32 AM
2 moms liked this

Beautiful family you got there woman :)

Quoting Pooobaihr:

Its fun to see people like you get all irked.  Is it that hard to believe that people don't parent like you?   Is it that hard to believe people do different things that fit their own kids? XDDD

Quoting mama2gg:

Yeahhh your just making shit up as you go aren't you lololol your as full of crap as that fake, no calories, no vitamins, no fiber crap you made your kid suck down a bottle

Quoting Pooobaihr:

lol Who said the word sick?  No one but you sweetheart.  I didn't follow blindly and guess what? It helped.  Thats all that matters to me.  My kid is prefectly healthy and has always been so.

You don't want to feed your kid "crap", then don't.  All of my kids are out of the baby stage now and are all school age, so don't worry your pretty little head. No more baby cereal for them.

Quoting mama2gg:

I dont care your reasons

If your child has issues your still following blindly because ceral is POINTLESS and no nutritional value WHY feed a child with issus CRAP? Oh wait cause the doctor says so

Following blindly and don't play this my child was sick bullshit with me I have a 5 year old that has eating issues and I still wouldn't feed him SHIT instead of FOOD

Quoting Pooobaihr:

Or you could just be acting like a pain in the butt "sanctimommy" and think that I just feed my kid cereal straight out the womb. XDDD  Who knew that I had to give every detail of everything when I post a response. Oh wait, I forget, this is cafemom where everyone knows everyone and is in everyone's lives in every second of the day and you sit in my window and just know how I parent.

:D Well here is a few facts for you, when my child got the age where it was OKAY to feed them food, (CEREAL).  My doctor informed me that it was OKAY to put a little cereal in his formula to help fill him up BECAUSE my son has always had issues with eating and never seems to get full. Because see my deary, he has SENSORY ISSUES.  He NEVER is full.  It was only until he got to about 4yrs old where he began to fill the food in his stomach.

So yes, Miss Fly-on-my-wall.  While he was an infant, he breast fed up until he was about 6 months, then formula fed and then when he got to the age of FOODS, I put cereal in his bottle.

Is that enough detail information for you?  XDDDDDDDDDD  PS, this worked quite well for my kid and he is 8 years old now going on 9.  No sids for him.

Pooobaihr
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank ya kindly!  xD

Quoting juniebug11:

Your kids are soo cute

Quoting Pooobaihr:

Pooobaihr
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you!!

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

Beautiful family you got there woman :)

Quoting Pooobaihr:

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I always gave my baby cereal in her bottle. I might have started around 9 months but that was a long time ago, don't quite remember. My doctor is the one who suggested it. I used, rice, barley, and oatmeal I think.

corriander612
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I've been wondering the same thing about feeding my baby grains because I've been reading different info. It seems like there are two sides and I'm stuck really wondering how I know which is for real. I think its a good idea to try and give our babies the most natural foods we can... my concern with baby grains like rice and oatmeal is how processed they are.

mcarsel89
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:57 AM
2 moms liked this

Technically, it's not FREE baby food. It costs the taxpayers.

It is bad to feed your baby grains before a year because they don't have the enzyme called amylase to digest it. When they can't digest it, it builds up in their intestine and they can't process nutrients efficiently, FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIFE. You are just being ignorant, but hey, it's YOUR baby right? Personally, as a mother, I want the best for MY baby. You need to actually do some research on what you are giving your baby, because you are harming their ability to process their nutrients correctly.

Mommy4000
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I didn't know baby cereal was considered bad, and you shouldn't do baby food either? I'm so confused lol. My youngest is 9, so it's been a while since I've had to make decisions about what to feed infants, but I've been trying to guide my step daughter now that she is a new mom. I never know anymore if I'm giving her the right advice. She was putting cereal in baby's bottle, which I absolutely am opposed to whether it's recommended or not, but she only did this for about a month then went straight to baby food because WIC started giving it to her when baby was 5 months. I just let her do whatever she wants to do and stopped giving her advice because every one says something different. Do what you feel is best for your baby. Baby food really can't be all that bad especially if you use the ones that only have the two ingredients, the actual whole food and water.

la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Many mom's are just trying to share advice. You don't have to do exactly what another mother did but if a mother does not do cereal, she will bring it up. You can't take things so serious on here, everyone gets judged and some comments may be taken as judging when they are not. I know I have answered posts where my intent was to not judge and a woman messaged me very angry about what I said when really I was just sharing an opinion I did not think she was right or wrong.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN