Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Would you take your 1 year old to the doctor for this? *Quick update*

Posted by   + Show Post

I called the doctor and they didn't have any openings tomorrow or the next day but since we got a lot of snow last night they had a lot of cancellations for today so I went ahead and took her in and she has bronchitis, doctor prescribed nebulizer treatments and tylenol/motrin. Not much fun, but definitely feel better for having taken her in.

My daughter has a sore throat and it hasn't gotten any better in four days. She's miserable. I've been giving her warm water and a little bit of honey in the water and that seems to help for a little bit most of the time, but last night she was in a lot of pain and I gave her baby tylenol for that and it really didn't help. She was up most of the night crying. I thought it might be strep throat, but I don't see the pus pockets in the back of her throat. Is it possible to have strep without the pus pockets? Her breathing is raspy but it doesn't seem like a lung rasp, it sounds like it's just in her throat.

I don't want to take her in and be told there's nothing they can do, but it doesn't seem to be getting better on its own. Your thoughts?

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Replies (11-20):
klbetts
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Sounds like an infection of some sort. I would take her in.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TinkerBell2013
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:38 PM

I would take her in.

splatz
by Sarah on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Poor baby. Hope she starts feeling better soon. Breathing treatments suck! :(

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:52 AM

I'm glad things are better. 

It's always better to know than not to know. Even if you go and they tell you that it's just a cold that needs to run it's course, you will then at least feel a lot better. 

Hope she feels better soon.

patticoss
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Have you tried Children Motrin? My children rarely get any relief with tylenol, but Motrin does the trick everytime. And Yes she can have strep with out pus. Feel her back  and chest and if it feels like sandpaper, take her in ASAP, because it means she could have scarlet fever. My son use to get it 3-4 times a year when he was younger.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I would take her back in.

SlapItHigh
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Hope she is feeling better soon. 

KRIZZ25
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:43 PM
year old yes.i would take her to er..1 year olds can get RSV .
MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:34 PM
I would. I was even told after the rapid culture that ds did not have strep, but all his symptoms said he did--sure enough, the extended culture was positive.
littlelamb303
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:19 PM

take her in definitely

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)