Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

potty training 3year old. HELP!

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:54 AM
  • 4 Replies

My son just turned three on the 1st of november, i fell behind on potty training because i just gave birth to my daughter october 31st. But Im trying my best to potty train him now.

He was doing GREAT for like a week, he only had a couple accidents mostly right before bed when he was getting tierd. But the past few days he hasnt been doing as good. He is  very private about going to the potty when it comes to girls. He likes to go by himself with the door closed, and none of us females are allowed in until he is done. Which is not a problem really, i just stand outside the door until he says hes done. But this makes it difficult when he has to #2. Its not a problem when his step dad or dad is around because he allows them to come in, but he wont let me, his step mom or grandmas help. Seeing asboth dads work, its mostly me and the women doing the work. because of this, when the guys arent around if he thinks he'll need help he just goes in his underwear! The house smells like a zoo! I tried pullups, but he treats them just like a diaper and wont go at all if he has one on. I brbibed him with rub on tattos, which worked but now hes covered in them! The tattos were the only thing that worked, i tried toys and candy. Anyone have any tips to help him (and us)?

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
DixieFlower
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:10 PM

I'd try cloth training pants I'd also explain to him that since dad isn't home all the time that he's going to have to let you help him. I have two boys and I've never had a problem with them not wanting me to help them when going potty. My oldest will ask for his dad to wipe him if his dad is home. However, if it's just me or my mom he's fine with that also. My oldest pretty much potty traine himself at around 2.5 yrs old. My youngest is 2 yrs old and he's not really all that consistant with going potty yet.

my4loves4
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Quoting DixieFlower:

I'd try cloth training pants I'd also explain to him that since dad isn't home all the time that he's going to have to let you help him. I have two boys and I've never had a problem with them not wanting me to help them when going potty. My oldest will ask for his dad to wipe him if his dad is home. However, if it's just me or my mom he's fine with that also. My oldest pretty much potty traine himself at around 2.5 yrs old. My youngest is 2 yrs old and he's not really all that consistant with going potty yet.

Where would i find cloth training pants? And i think my son started the male vs. female issue, because he always liked to follow us into the bathroom, and when he started getting older, the women told him he couldnt come in because hes a boy (I always let him in, im his mom and could care less, i just make sure to cover up where he cant see anything.) but i think that where, he got the only boys and only girls thing from.

DixieFlower
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:16 PM

I've gotten my cloth trainers off of ebay however, I have seen where Babies R Us has them online they might have them in stores as well. I've also seen them at our local target.

Quoting my4loves4:

Quoting DixieFlower:

Where would i find cloth training pants? And i think my son started the male vs. female issue, because he always liked to follow us into the bathroom, and when he started getting older, the women told him he couldnt come in because hes a boy (I always let him in, im his mom and could care less, i just make sure to cover up where he cant see anything.) but i think that where, he got the only boys and only girls thing from.

gottaluvmee
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Try putting fruit loops in the toilet and see if he can sink them. LOL that's what I did for my son. Although in the end that didn't work but we had fun for awhile. My DS could have cared less what he had in his pants. Although I do not recommend but funny story, I have a friend whos uncle is very loud and rough DS was not a fan of him at all. One day while sitting on the front porch I noticed he was walking funny I asked him if he needed to potty he said NO! I said to him well if you potty in your pants again I am calling JOSE. Man he took off like a bullet and didn't have another mess again! My DS is now 15 1/2 yrs old. He likes JOSE to this day, but I think he still makes him nervous. LOL Good Luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)