Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Birthcontrol advice please?

Posted by   + Show Post
So I decided I'm not going to get my tubes tied I was going to but I decided I want another little girl or boy it really doesn't matter to me or the hubby after jr here I'm getting on bitthcontrol but I don't know witch one can someone give me a little advice on this please?

The birthcontrol I have been on is the the depo shot and I got pregnant and had a miscarriage, the pill I got pregnant too and the ring I got pregnant lol. Yes I am very very fertile. I wanted to get on the implantum but my doctor doesnt have that any more or there some problems with it I don't really rember.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Replies (11-19):
Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I do not use birth control so all I can suggest is be careful and use condoms.

Beauty91805
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:37 AM
I don't know because birth control is different for everyone.
I've had bad experiences with the depo, iud (paraguard), and nuvaring. I decided to stick with condoms and I don't have intercourse while I'm ovulating (I know when I ovulate lol). You just have to try and see if it works for you.
k_hall1784
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I am extremely fertile as well. My OB calls me fertile myrtle. SMH. But I digress. I got Mirena installed after the birth of my youngest. I wanted a tubal as well, but my Gyno didn't want to do it because of my age (at the time). She suggested an IUD and I went with it. As long as it prevented pregnancy without interrupting our sex life, I was good. lol. It's been 19 months and I absolutely love it. 

zacmacsmomm
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Get an iud, they are very effective. OR just go the condom route

mommyof31024
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:14 PM
That's what every one calls me lol I don't just want to use condoms screw that lol and I garentee I would still get pregnant. I need to do something thow I'm not just going to stop having sex with my hubby lol I'm a freak I'n the sheetz lol . I need to get something long lasting does the mirana make you have periods? I want a birth control were I have none. Also I'm kindof scares to get the mirana because my cousin got a really bad uterus infection and she had to get it surgical removed. Does it hurt to have sex?

Quoting k_hall1784:

I am extremely fertile as well. My OB calls me fertile myrtle. SMH. But I digress. I got Mirena installed after the birth of my youngest. I wanted a tubal as well, but my Gyno didn't want to do it because of my age (at the time). She suggested an IUD and I went with it. As long as it prevented pregnancy without interrupting our sex life, I was good. lol. It's been 19 months and I absolutely love it. 

k_hall1784
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Condoms are a mood breaker. They suck. lol. Mirena stops periods over time. I'm a little over a year and half in and my periods are just about gone. I may have spotting for a day or so, but that's the extent of it. As far as your cousin having problems with it, as with anything, everything isn't for everyone. I'm not gonna lie, I was nervous as hell about getting Mirena as well. But I told myself that the chance of anything bad happening was slim to none so I figured I would take my chances. It doesn't hurt to have sex, well it shouldn't at least. I will say though, that my dh was feeling it at first, but as time went on, the fibers softened so now it doesn't even bother him. But I have to say that I think some if his complaining was just because he didn't want me having it in the first place. lol.

Quoting mommyof31024:

That's what every one calls me lol I don't just want to use condoms screw that lol and I garentee I would still get pregnant. I need to do something thow I'm not just going to stop having sex with my hubby lol I'm a freak I'n the sheetz lol . I need to get something long lasting does the mirana make you have periods? I want a birth control were I have none. Also I'm kindof scares to get the mirana because my cousin got a really bad uterus infection and she had to get it surgical removed. Does it hurt to have sex?

Quoting k_hall1784:

jak3739
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Check out http://www.fertilitycare.org/ Just my 2 cents...healthier and more effective!
jak3739
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

We do, too, and while it isn't "set it and forget it,"  it is still the best option out there.  Plus, there isn't any of that "oops" factor because both of you know when it can and can't happen before you get into bed.

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

We use natural family planning and would go any other way.

mommyof31024
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:22 PM
I might just try it then and I've also herd sometimes when you're having sex the guy can feel it

Quoting k_hall1784:

Condoms are a mood breaker. They suck. lol. Mirena stops periods over time. I'm a little over a year and half in and my periods are just about gone. I may have spotting for a day or so, but that's the extent of it. As far as your cousin having problems with it, as with anything, everything isn't for everyone. I'm not gonna lie, I was nervous as hell about getting Mirena as well. But I told myself that the chance of anything bad happening was slim to none so I figured I would take my chances. It doesn't hurt to have sex, well it shouldn't at least. I will say though, that my dh was feeling it at first, but as time went on, the fibers softened so now it doesn't even bother him. But I have to say that I think some if his complaining was just because he didn't want me having it in the first place. lol.

Quoting mommyof31024:

Quoting k_hall1784:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)