Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Need help!!! When's the best time of year for a wedding??

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:09 AM
  • 30 Replies
So me and my fiancé are trying to pick a date to get married but I'm having a hard time deciding the time of year.. We live in Texas so the weather isn't that big of an issue except the dead middle of summer! When did y'all get married and was it indoor/ outdoor? Super fancy or layed back?
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StrawberryCool
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Spring!

May 20th was our wedding.

Outdoors and seni formal but laid back.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kcrogue
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Can't be much help, never been in Texas I got married in Oregon on March 10 is was sunny but I little too cold for outdoor wedding. However, my uncle got married the following year on Marth 9th in Arizona and said was really good, but I can't remember if it was outdoors. 

Ciaobambina
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:36 AM

September!! Not too hot and not too cold..got married in Vegas...such a nice memory

MessedUpMama
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Prefer Spring, the weather tends to be more mild, not too hot not too cold. Flowers are abundant. Spring is, for me anyway, the beginning for plants and animals. The symbology of Spring goes well with a wedding, since a wedding is the beginning of a new chapter in your lives.

We were married May first. It was outdoors and very laid back. The weather didn't co-operate with us, we had a torrential down pour in the middle of it, but we were under a sheltered area so we didn't get wet.

jenemiah
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:49 AM

My husband and I are from NY,   We had a small  layed back wedding in January with 3 feet of snow on the ground. Half of our guest didn't arrive due to the weather, but we didnt let that bother us. One of the Happiest days of our lives...

MrsReyna325
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I live in Texas too. My fiancé and I have decided to get married in September. The weather was one of our main concerns too, but September just seems to have the perfect weather, not too hot and not too cold. That's just my opinion. Hope it helps and Congrats to you and your soon to be husband!
lovenMyfamily
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:20 AM

My hubby and I were married during the 90's, that was so long ago that the weather has changed. My brother and his wife married last August 29th, I did the photography for the wedding. It was outdoors. It was so HOT out... it was a beautiful wedding, but the heat/humidity made it so uncomfortable. People were drenched in sweat just standing in the shade. The close up shots were good, but you can see drips of sweat on EVERYONE. Other people there took photos and started having issues with their cameras due to the humidity. Their shots turned out bad when they would have been decent shots if it had not been so darn hot. Take that into consideration for an outdoor summer wedding. A pro photographer won't have issues with their cameras, but family members might. :(  I had a few shots of the bride looking like she just stepped out of a sona.

jbirdsladie27
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Fall November 27th and it was outdoors but we live in Floriday though.
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:47 AM

indoors, Nov.5th, fancy, in MI.   There was a blizzard going on.

aloneinwv
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:26 AM
I got married in June because I wanted to be married on or as close to our original anniversary date of when we officially became a couple. It was beautiful here in west virginia. A few things I would recommend to you when deciding a date is what are the most popular months to get married in your area. In wv it is a 5 month window May to September. If you don't want to have to compete, I would pick one of the off months. My wedding was indoor but I would recommend if you decide to have an outdoor make sure it is combination indoor outdoor. I have been to a lot of weddings and inevitably there are people who are never happy so it makes it easier for you to not have to worry. The most important thing to remember is that you are happy with the date, the format, the arena for the wedding and the reception. Do not try to make others happy at your cost because then you will be like me wondering what if I got my way how would it have been. Winter is a great time very romantic because you can take a sleigh ride from the wedding site to the reception site. But you can also do that in the spring time with a carriage ride. I love the wedding at the end of Robin Hood P rince of thieves. That was a fall wedding with the leaves falling all around them. I hope this helps.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)