Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Need help!!! When's the best time of year for a wedding??

Posted by   + Show Post
So me and my fiancé are trying to pick a date to get married but I'm having a hard time deciding the time of year.. We live in Texas so the weather isn't that big of an issue except the dead middle of summer! When did y'all get married and was it indoor/ outdoor? Super fancy or layed back?
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Replies (21-30):
jdsmell7
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Fall is a great time--not too hot or cold plus the colors are wonderful for pics! October is the new June cause it was booked solid when we were picking a date after Xmas so we got married Nov 3rd so were able to tie in the holidays :-)

MamaMoopsie
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

We got married in June in early evening, the hot part of the day was already past and it isn't the windy season quite yet here in NM. We had an indoor ceremony but the guests could wander the gardens and mingle at the center where we got married after the ceremony. It was semi-formal, as in no ties required. I had a very beautiful dress, but DH was wearing a black shirt and black slacks and no tie in honor of his father who passed away. His father was a Vietnam vet and swore he'd never wear a tie again until all the POW's were returned from Vietnam, well, it's never happened---still POW's on the list, so my husband and his brothers will never wear a tie and I support that.

Anyway, other people were not required to dress in their best...I did get a little irritated when a friend showed up in a sweatshirt, but let it go. We had the reception in the same area we had the wedding, so instead of everyone sitting in rows of chairs during the ceremony they were already sitting at their tables, which instead of covering with fine cloth, we got butcher paper (comes in really long rolls) and put it on the table and put some crayons in little ceramic pots that my BFF and I decorated with bows and fake pearls and people wrote out their wishes for us on our wedding days on those pieces of paper. After I kept all the sheets of paper and went through them and cut out the favorites and put them in a wedding scrap book.

Sorry, I could go on forever about weddings! Originally I wanted to get married in September or early October, but it would have been too hard for most of our families to come to the wedding during the school year, so we opted for June because it is cooler than than July or August. I have so many ideas if you ever want any! Things I did for my wedding that saved money (like the paper for the tables instead of paying someone else to decorate them or even renting from the center where we got married) to ideas I've seen since my wedding that I've thought "that would be nice!"

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:27 AM

I think Spring is perfect!

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:58 AM

We got married in July. It was indoors. It was very hot outside. We had a simple wedding.

MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Church wedding because we're Catholic, first part of May before it was too hot in Memphis!
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Spring or Fall is always good time to have one.

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:39 PM

I got married  May 12 of 07.In a church. I wanted a outdoor wedding but it would have been to much of a pain in the butt. Im in oklahoma close to Vernon. It was nice that day but it was a lil windy. i didnt want a big huge wedding either so it kinda depends on that too. It was simple. I actually planned on just cake and punch but my mother-in-law surpised us and did ribs and finger foods and such during the reception in the parish hall. She went and wasted a crap load of money on a bunch of champagn not paying attention that the church doesnt allow it.lol

DixieFlower
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:45 PM

August 21 . Mine was indoors and not too formal but not too casual either.

Shaybay218
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:39 AM

I would say spring...

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:05 AM

April/indoor

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)